Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EXPLORER COIL FOR BEACH??

FarmerJ

I am thinking of buying the 15x18 SEF for the beach. Could some add some thoughts with beach experience? Too big will I lose those small gold rings? Also I don't want to pick things up 3 ft down as I will not have my tractor with me to dig. Any experienced help will be greatly appreciated.

Its a heavy coil i thiink i like the WOT better. You may lose small targets.... thats just physics, you might miss some deep studs, but i dont think you will be complaining if you get the deeper heavy jewelry others might miss. 3ft...... id dig it with the SE because you should have some idea using the smart screen and tones what you have..... but you dont have to worry about getting 3ft. I get about 14 sometimes 16 inches on a weak signal penny. On a beach you dig everything BUT iron. I normally set my IM at 31 just before AM just so id dont have to listen to black sand. Then DIG IT ALL. Ive found several tiny gold rings that ring as foil..... 11-01 or 02. Ive found the SEF 10X12 to be just fine. You can move faster than you think on a beach that isnt junked up.

Dew

I use the 15X12 SEF. Provides more coverage and depth then the 12X10 and will still find the small stuff. Be warned though, it is heavy and unless you are in great shape, it will wear you out if you do not use a harness.

Thx to everyone sound like i will tone it down a bit in size. Way is the cord so short on the 10x12 SEF? when I set the detector down the coil can't even lay flat. It stays propped up.