Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer 2 help needed

petew

A friend of mine just got a explorer 2,with pro coil.he is digging all nails,even in ferrous tones they read 0026 or close,sound good too.any one have any idea?he is new,been reading Andy's book and can't figure it out.any setting suggestions?

petew said:
A friend of mine just got a explorer 2,with pro coil.he is digging all nails,even in ferrous tones they read 0026 or close,sound good too.any one have any idea?he is new,been reading Andy's book and can't figure it out.any setting suggestions?

My short experience with the EX2 says.....why is he in a place with a million nails? He has to get to where some COINS are. He won't dig any coins if they're not there,and it sounds like he's at an old house site or farm. He can't start that way. Personally,I use the Smart screen and only dig when the cursor lands in the upper right quarter of the screen and the depth meter is AT LEAST 1/3 the way down,which is 4". I will expand my horizons as I learn the machine. Also,his machine should probably be reset and kept there for awhile,til he gets more adventurous. It sounds like he's at the wrong place to get going with his machine,IMHO

HMMM sounds like he needs too start fresh do a Factory Reset on the on the Explorer 2 and start over :thumbup: it will click believe me and then after some weeks or even monthes you can advance and exparament. Hope this helps. sas

What I found is old iron may sound good in one direction but if you turn 90 degrees and rescan, it will change and sound different and you can hear it in the lower tone.

Yeah, nails sound good and I dig one or two just to make sure I am not missing a coin. The prievous post about turning 90 degrees is a good test for a nail. Also on the smart find screen they register all the way to the top left. He should swing slowly and listen - the more you can do these two things the more coins and good stuff will be found.

Look at some of the posts below for any Explorer and Iron....there are some great ideas. You can edit out the top left of the display screen which eliminates more iron.
But read the others, this site is good for helping folks. Or do a search on Exp and iron and nails

I've passed info on and he's doin good,almost gave up on the explorer 2,I told him it was too good of a machine not to learn.thanks

He's got a good machine that will flat out find the silver coins, but it's not a magic wand either. He has to put in the time to learn the tones. Tell him to be patient, move slowly, keep the coil flat on the ground, dig a ton of targets, and learn from each one he digs. Once the light goes in his brain his pouch will be filled with oldies.

For now tell him to stay in multi-tone and semi-auto sensitivity (set sensitivity to 26) set the threshold setting so he can barely hear it, then bump it up one number, make sure your volume is set to 10, Gain is factory set at 5 and I'm willing to bet your friends has been set higher. For now you don't want it set higher than 6-7. Variability I'd set to 9 or 10. Sounds: I started off using ferrous with my XS and Explorer 2 but came to the conclusion that conduct worked best for me. No matter which one your friend starts off with he should stick with it until he learns the tones. Then he can experiment by switching back and forth to compare the tones. I'd also start off with fast on and deep off, especially if he is in places with lots of trash. With fast on your tones won't be as sharp as when it's off but once your learn what to listen for it won't make a difference (in my opinion :biggrin:)

Tell him to Always go by tones first, then use the screen and depth to help him decide if he wants to dig or not. The key for now is to learn the tones and use good detecting technique.

One more thing is that I'd use one of the preset programs like coins to begin with then I would use as little discrimination as possible after I've learned the tones. I always used zero discrimination until I got my E-Trac.

Tell your friend good luck for me. Once he learns the Explorer he's going to dig a lot of silver. :thumbup: