Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explain this

Wile.E

Took vacation day yesterday, and went to local state lake 50 miles away,they all know me because we own a log house there that we raised our children in there. they are now adults,but anyhow they let me hunt anywhere Iwant, so Idid for 8 hours on friday. ,spent 50 dollars gas,fell down hill going to beach and hurt knee that already have had 2 surgerys on,and got sunburn so bad cant hardly put shirt on.only found 42 cents in clad and an ole barrel lid that said USE MONKEY WRENCH . So im feelin great regardless,had a blast and feel like I made the best of my vacation day,relieved tons of stress,and relaxed as always when detecting,but when every ask today how yesterday went they kinda seemed like they thought Iwas idiot. Well my thoughts are to each his own. what yalls opinion

Well my wife fails to see how metal detecting is fun. She thinks we are all missing something that normal people have. :rofl: Happy Trails....Z

It sounds like you had a great time to me.........:biggrin:

Sounds like me.... and NO the wife doesnt understand, but has learned i love it and am going to do it. So now when we have down time around the house .... she says why dont you go hunting for awhile.... hummm think shes trying to get rid of me??? But she does like to see what i found now days. I was doing some cleanup one day and she got curious... she was surprised at what i was finding.

Dew

Who cares what they think, As long as you had a good time !

I'll tell you what I have learned. What others think of me is none of my business. Just live to best of your ability, be generous of heart and go easy on yourself. This is a great hobby we have, and the only person you have to please is yourself.

Your vacation day sounds great to me! Who cares what other think!:detecting: I always seem to spend more then I find, unless there is some gold to be found:drool:

The goal of this hobby is to find the gold and have fun.:detecting::clapping::thumbup:
Looks like you enjoyed yourself plus found some of the hazards of the hobby:crazy:

Your day sounded similar to mine. First went trout fishing and caught several, but also partially lost the brakes on my truck. Even so, on the way home stopped at a state park and metal detected it for a couple of hours only finding 19 cents, a silver colored plastic ring with a huge fake stone in it, plus a plastic dinosaur. A pretty poor haul, but it was a warm day with plenty of blue sky and sunshine. What more could you ask for?

If I don't go out and get some detectng in on a good day for it I feel like I wasted the day. And when i get some detecting in I feel good,whether I find anything or not..Its a state of mind that only us detectorist understand so enjoy it any way you can.

sounds like a well spent day. when i come home smelly and dirty with a nail apron full of crap and pennies and an occasionally goodie, wife dont care, she knows where i have been.

Two "Thumbs up" Wile. E, Sounds to me like you got your stuff together! We don't "sweat"what Beavus and Butthead think, cause they ain't even got a clue!! HH, Charlie

We all are strange to an others way of thinking...
weather its detecting ,hitting a little ball to chase it and send it in a hole or throwing a 16# ball at a bunch of wooden pins...There will always be somebody on the outside looking in and saying what they see is just wrong.
But we are all allowed to be different and I believe that is the way it is meant to be.
Weather you spend a few hours a a lot of hours finding a few coins or a lot of coins. we each have both a right to do the looking and finding. And even the arch types have a right to do their finding.. I just do not thing that the tings I dropped today are in any way an antiquity!