Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excessive battery drain?? Help!!

Marty224

Hi all, battery life in the SAFARI is a sore point with me at the moment, the 1600mah Minelab pack as supplied is lasting me between 4-5 hours from fully charged. I purchased some Panasonic 2100mah nimhs which are only lasting around 2 hours from a full charge! so i purchased ANOTHER set of the Panasonic rechargeables (also 2100mah, identical to the first set) believing that the first set were faulty in some way, again, about 2 hours maximum use from a full charge. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, off i go and buy some reasonable alkalines believing that it should be beneficial (alkalines being 1.5v as opposed to recharg's 1.2v), these are giving me about the same detecting time as the Minelab 1600mah pack (i prefer to spend a couple of

No problem with your machine Marty, I get about five hours tops from a full charge,and the same from a set of alkalines.I tend to switch my detector off for a few minutes say after an hours use ,let it rest and then switch it back on, it seems to help a little with the battery drain, just remember to take plenty of spare ones.

I use Duracell alkalines and get around 10 hours hunt time per 8. The downside is carrying the 20 packs in my gear and feeling like I need to buy stock in Duracell.

TomH

New batteries in Feb 2009

Have about 10 hours total on machine now. Batteries read 3/4 full. Work fine.

I would recommend asking minelab what the current draw should be and puting a meter on the circuit to measure what its actually drawing. You may have a bad machine ( circuit board or coil )

Hi, Thanks for all of your advice/opinions, i am going to try better quality batteries to begin with, i.e. Energizers/Duracells. Does anyone know if different types of headphones can have a varying effect on battery drain? i am still using my old Mole Superphones (approx 15 years + old), any input will be much appreciated.:drinking:

I have a set of Sanyo Eneloop size AAHR6 rechargeables and have been using them for about six months. I have never made a 12 hour hunt but they will last several 4 hr. outings and still be perking. They don't drain when you have them in storage and they can be recharged immediately after use even though they have not run down. I carry a set of Energizers just in case but have never had to use them. The Eneloops are pretty expensive but worth it. Check online for the best prices as the price varies from place to place. Onus