Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excellerator vs. Sunray & 5" vs. 8"

bazooka

Hey all, I bought a ML 8" coil and I'm not too impressed with the depth compared to my friend who has a sunray 5" and is getting the same depth that the slimline 10.5" gets in an air test he performed the other day.

So, I'm wanting to replace the ML 8" with either a Sunray 5", Sunray 8", Excellerator 5", or Excellerator 8". Does anyone have any experience with any two or more of these coils and would be willing to compare them? Or if you have depth reports on these coils, I'd be interested in how deep they're going. If you have a preference of sunray over excellerator?I really like the size of the 8" and the separation that the SE gets already makes me wonder if 5" is unnecassarily too small except for the absolute trashiest conditions. What do you guys think?

And it is Great!! I was very Happy with the Depth on this little coil ,
I was getting Wheat's and silver in the 8-9 inch range that hit very hard and where GOOD solid hits!!

Best part about the coil was how good it does in the HEAVY---HEAVY trash !!!!!
Great separation and very light and your readings do not change from the stock coil like some other different size coils do !
All around I like it a Lot better ML -8 Or the sunray -5 !
I did not like the depth on both of them !!
Just my take on them!!!
H.H. (GOLDDIGGER) J.W.

I found more 8" to 9" deep indian heads with that coil than any other. It is an absolute killer on deep silver and injuns...even if ther's trash right on top of the coin. If it wasn't for needing more ground coverage at some bigger sites. The 6" coil would never come off my SE..and that's the truth. Out of all the coils I've ever used..including the new ones...that little 6" killer is my favorite...hands down. I was hunting in St. Louis with GOLDDIGGER some time ago when I saw it in action for the first time. He was hitting stuff with that little coil that my SE coil wouldn't even peep over. After that I got one...and didn't take it off for months. I found more deep silver and injuns last year with that coil than any other. It is deep...and hot. For me it gets the depth of a 10" coil...and the separation of a 5" coil.

Although nothing is usually found deeper than about 6-7 inches out here because of the clay composition I think the 6" is my favorite. Next would be the 8" Sunray. I also use the Sunray 12" and even in trashy homesites it manages to do a good job seperating and finding good targets.

The 8" Excelerator is a concentric coil not "DD"
JW

n/t

Call me at 800-898-6673 and mention this forum to get the "Findmall" deal.
JW

Call me with your address.

JW

I have an Excelerator 8 inch coil and I dug a pocket knife last night at 7-8 inches. I found a few wheats at 8-9 inches and I found a CW button that I missed 4 times with the stock coil because it was laying right next to a big piece of iron. I really like my small coil and right now it is the only one I am using.

Not a regular on the Explorer forum but read just about everything and just ordered the 6" EXcelerator for my XS from JW this afternoon based on all the great reports. Thanks guy's and JW is great to deal with. HH Bill