Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EXCELERATOR DD COILS FOR WHITES M6-MXT

konabikemike

Doe's any body have any experience with the Excelerator Coils from Kellyco .Mainly the 4x7" DD ,12" DD, 18" DD for the beach and the fields .used on a whites M6 or MXT.
please all comment's

I have had a lot of experience with the 4.5 X 7 DD Excelerator and I really enjoyed using it. It has a larger footprint than the 4x6 White's DD . VDI reading are accurate and depth is good at around 6 to 7 inches and that is not the depth reading on the display either. Target separation is great when working those trashy areas. My wife loves the coil and never takes it off her MXT no matter where we are hunting. I currently use the 6" DD Excelerator which in comparison is about the same as the 4.5x7 DD with maybe a little more depth and also alot lighter. I also use the 10X14 DD Excelerator which is great coil when you want to cover alot of area and want more depth. It is heavier than I like but I use the swingy thing and reverse the coil to get better balance. I also use the 8"DD Excelerator which is a good coil for depth but is a little heavy for its size. Overall Excelerator coils are great dependable coils. Check out the forums search as there is alot of feed back on Excelerator coils. If you decide to get one call JW at Kellyco and you might get a better price than is listed on their website. Good luck with your decision and if you want more info send me a pm. HH Dennis in Idaho

I, too, use both the 4.5x7 and 10x14, but on my DFX. There are awesome coils. EXcelent depth, VDI's are correct. I would think if a person had the 4.5x7, white's 6x10, the stock 950 and the 10x14 they would have every situation imaginable covered.

I agree 100% with what Steeleheadfever wrote. He discribed these 2 coils to a tee. Yes the 10x14 is a little heavy. I found my 4.5x7 is for sure good on wheaties at 6 or so inches (good signal, and have not dug any deeper than that yet) and it will hit quarters at least 8 inches (have not found any deeper than that). I just did a planted garden test between the stock 950 and the 10x14 yesterday. The 10x14 kick the stock coils tail. (targets have been in the ground for just over 3 years.)

If you plan on ordering a 10X14 Excelerator you'd better get your name on the list at K-Co. I know someone who took their name off of the backorder list so that is one coil freed up. I've been waiting a loooooooooong time for mine. Hopefully they get some in soon.

n/t

I have only used the 18" DD second generation. It is good for flat open land, I was able to use a pre amp of 4 on it. I found little advantage over the 9.5" on small items, but on larger deep targets a VERY significant difference. Its my main coil now for my type of searching (cache)

Here is the link to my review
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?31,666270
18"DD excelerator review

Thanks for all the help .I think that from posts that I have read everywhere that I might go with a 8" round DD coil .will cover better than the standard Whites 9" and will get deeper than the Whites elliptical 6x10 DD and still have excellent ground cover.I really need that extra depth for beach and fields but without the extra weight or the bulk.does this sound like I am on the rite track.or does anyone know or think that 6x10 DD is deeper based on experience.
Michael

Wow...I don't use any of the sizes you listed, but I have an Excelerator 5" "hockey puck" DD coil on both my MXT and Quattro. That little coil works miracles in really trashy sites. I hunt mostly in an old dumpsite and an old railroad yard. Both are bursting with literally thousands of trash signals but those little coils can always pull good targets among the garbage. Depth is acceptable, too. I've pulled dimes from 6-8" surrounded by iron and aluminum trash, so I'm really happy with them and hardly ever remove them from the machines.

I also have a 14" Excelerator DD that I use on my MXT to cover lots of ground in relatively clean parks or soccer fields. On larger targets it goes WAY deeper than I care to dig, so I have no complaints with it, either.

Marc