Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

excelerator coils?

txdiver

I've been looking at exelerator coils and wanted to know if the hype is true, Do ya'll like them do they do what they say and what would be the best pair to purchase if ya'll think they are worthwhile,I appreciate any input and thanks for looking ,,,,,,txdiver,,p.s. Larry no disresect i take everything you tell me and write it in my notebook,just trying to learn as much as i can about the products that are out there.

I have been evaluating Excelerator coils for awhile now and I find them to be very good coils. I have evaluated the 4.5x7 DD (my wife's favorite) the 6" DD (my favorite) the 10x14DD and the 8" DD. All the coils that I have tested have good depth, accurate VDI numbers and pinpoint accurately. I have not had one problem with any of the DD coils and I would recommend them to anyone who uses a White's MXT or DFX. HH Dennis in Idaho

If I were to choose two Excelerators coils, they would be the 6" DD for trashy areas and the 10X14 Elipical DD for out in the open hunting. Good luck with your decision. HH Dennis in Idaho

Those two will serve you well. If you mount the 11X14 "backwards", with the big end towards you, you will have much better balance and less tiring to use. Be sure to ask for JW when ordering and mention Findmall forums. He still might have "special" pricing.

Hi Nancy, I am curious as you why you call it the 11X14? I noticed Larry also said 11x14 in one of his posts. Are we talking about the same Excelerator coil? I have measured the 10x14 Excelerator DD elliptical and the measurements are pretty close to 10x14. Not that it is a big deal I am just curious. You are right about turning the coil around. When I first got the coil JW told me to turn it around. I tried it both ways and I prefer it turned around,it sure is a lot less tiring to swing. HH Dennis in Idaho

You are right..........except I'm not Nancy. It is 10X14........give or take and inch.

Sorry Larry, I guess I am just used to Nancy's posts. HH Dennis in Idaho

I totally prefer the Whites and Jimmy Sierra coils. I have owned two Excellerators and sold them, maybe I didn't give them enough of a chance. I would love to evaluate some of the Excellerators, since I own all of the Whites and one of Jimmy's coils and I am always looking for something even better for my MXT. I guess if you are happy with the coil you are using then you should stick with it. Maybe some day I will give an Excellerator another chance, but for now my Whites coils are awesome. Good Luck and HH

I use the 14" Exceletator coil and it is a great coil. I get good depth and it covers a lot of territory fast. The pin pointing takes some getting used to on a coil that size. I have found that the Whites 6" DD Shooter gets very close to the same depth in my soil (mineralized) and is obviously a lot less weight. One thing that is a pain with the larger coils is that they tend to swivel a lot on the rod so there is alot of adjusting to do if you really bump something. The increased ground coverage and added depth make excelerator coils a nice addition though Just some thoughts.