Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excel ring readings

barberx

While I know rings comes in all over the place on ID machines, I wonder if any pattern seems prominent on the Excel ?? I'm waiting on used machine now, seems like first ones just plain locked on to coins leaving no doubts. The few jumpers required isolating the junk and then normally a coin would lock on.
Did anyone notice the post where someone had filed notches in thin knife, looked like you pushed into ground, then had good chance of hooking ring tab and pulling it out of ground ???
Richard TX

Gold rings will come in low foil to screwcap but dig all that fall into the foil region as approx. 1/3 of gold rings come in this area and are thin womans gold rings with nice stones..of course sterling rings will come in dime to quarter depending on their size. Heres a tip every park just has several tabs that litter the park..After digging some just put those numbers into memory and it will increase your chances with less digging as I just ignore the typical ones. ..In parks I hunt if I dug all the tabs would never get off my knees.All a matter of cutting down the odds.
Personally I use a screwdriver with both sides of tip filed off and handle marked so you know when its flat. All a matter of pinpointing skills and will only work on shallow targets..Believe me after a while you will know when you hit a rock or coin. Just too tough to do this with rings or tabs just because of their configuration.Never tried the knife thing but with notches certainly has merit..Rings are really a challenge but remember most guys leave the rings in the ground for a patient detectorist to put in his pouch...