Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EXCEL EQ2 pro, Any experience with this coil.

Roman44

I just got a used excel eq2 pro coil. It is quite large, and just wanted to know if anyone has use this coil. If so do you like it, does it get better depth than other coils. Please let me know.

You say it is quite large. The one I have is only 6" and very light , so I don't if we are talking about the same coil.

I have the excel 10" DD and it is a very deep and quiet running coil that works perfect in relic hunting field without much trash. Because the hotspot is the center line of the coil, it is not too bad in trash. If real trashy I prefer the 5.3 coil. HH
John

Now I know which coil you are talking about. Heavy heavy coil. I had one for a short time and its a pretty good coil but the weight was a problem for me. I traded mine in for the 10" DD Excelerator which I think gets better depth and most importantly its a lot lighter.Swinging the 10x14 got pretty old quickly because of the weight. Now of couse if you are young and stought its not a problem JMHO

The depth is about the same on the EX 10DD, White's D2, SEF 10X12 and the SEF 10X14. For depth comparison only, the smaller side of an elliptical coil is equivalent to the same size in a round DD coil, so they all are 10" coils for estimating depth potential. Elliptical coils will have more coverage though. How much extra weight do you want to swing to get more coverage is the question.