Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excall II battery state of charge LED mod?

klopek

Ok on the subject of battery charging. how hard would it be to put an led on the circuit to show when the current flow stops to the battery. So I will know when its fully charged. I do not use my excall 2 much so I do not want to hurt the battery by overcharging. I charged over night and it got pretty warm. I know the pack discharges just sitting there without use.

The charging current does not stop when the batteries are charged...it continues to flow.
As the batteries are charging, the current flow gradually reduces until they are fully charged. After that point, there will be a continuous current going through the batteries.
If the pack is getting more than slightly warm during charging, then you have a problem.....
Either you are overcharging ....which makes the batteries hot......or ...
You have a bad cell which causes the charging current to increase and makes the good cells hot.

You need to determine which is the problem .

HH

ok thanks. This is a new pod, but that does not mean it is good. I am going to run them until completely dead then charge overnight. See what happens.