Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excalibur Warranty transfer...

stpauli914

I just purchased an Excal II that has a 2 year ESP warranty that is supposed to be transferable. Do I need to call Minelab to do this? Also on the same note, I have another Excal II that I bought brand new a few months ago and filed the warranty on line. I have never received any confirmation via mail or email stating that it is in effect, should I have??

Thanks for the help,
Aaron

Not sure about transfer. But call minelab about registering the new one. They will do it over the phone. Id do that sooner then later. I didn't think the warranty was transferable. Hh gl -joe

stpauli914 said:
I just purchased an Excal II that has a 2 year ESP warranty that is supposed to be transferable. Do I need to call Minelab to do this? Also on the same note, I have another Excal II that I bought brand new a few months ago and filed the warranty on line. I have never received any confirmation via mail or email stating that it is in effect, should I have??

Thanks for the help,
Aaron

What if the detector was purchased before July but still has over a year left on the warranty??

Thanks,
Aaron

stpauli914 said:
What if the detector was purchased before July but still has over a year left on the warranty??

Thanks,
Aaron

If I remember correctly it's been almost 2 years since Minelab offered more than a 1 year warranty on the Excals, and it was a 3 year extended warranty, not 2. As far as I know the warranties on Minelabs bought before the latest change (July something or other) are not transferable, but there are quite a few Minelab dealers here that should be more knowledgeable, I'm sure one of the will chime in soon.

I believe the Excalibur only had the 1 year warranty and still does, the ESP was never made for the Excalibur so there is no extended warranty. The transferable warranty is only for those sold after July and they too are only one year on the Excalibur, but 2 years on all others if I remember right without looking it up.

Just got a response from the guy I bought it from. It was purchased July 11th 2011 so the warranty is transferrable. It also has the ESP warranty which IS available on Excals and that adds an additional 2 years on top of the 1 year standard warranty. Just wanted to let you all know if you are shopping for a used Excal, buy one that was purchased after July 1st and you can transfer the warranty.

Aaron

I just found one of my memos on the Minelab Warranty and this is what was said dated 5/6/2001:

"In general our warranty is a 3 year warranty with the exception of the Excalibur which is 1 year. Minelab does not have & does not underwrite any extended warranties."

The ESP warranty you have was used several years ago and was discontinued over 3 years ago if I remember right and was told it was not for the Excalibur as i had someone that wanted one for their new Excalibur.
I would check with Minelab to be sure and let them know you are the new owner by giving them the serial number of your Excalibur so you are the registered owner in case you have a problem which we hope you do not.

Rick, Thank you. I will be calling them tomorrow to go over everything and I will let you know. Your memo is from 10 years ago so things have probably changed(I hope).

Thanks,
Aaron

n/t

The Excalibur only has a 1 yr warranty. Several years ago they did how ever offer the ESP. That was discontinued about 3 years ago. Now there are some retailers that are offering extended warranty......not to be confused with the minelab warranty.

Tranfers........The detector have to be registered after July 1 2011 in order to be transferable. This can be checked by minelab with the serial number.......if the serial number has a manufacture date of way before that and you registered it after July 1 they will know. So, when contacting them have your sales reciept ready.

Thanks, and I hope this helps......

Just got it and called Minelab. Excellent customer service!! It is in my name now and the remaining warranty is effective for me(1 year standard plus 1 year ESP) so I am good until 7-12-13. Very helpful people on the phone and it is nice you get to speak with someone in the US that speaks english!!

Aaron

I think Minelab is getting better now that they have got settled in the new location and sure you will see better customer relations and faster turn around on repairs.

I know that ESP warrenty had been discontinuded a while back and the Excalibur only had a 1 year warranty, so I didnt think Minelab would honor the old ESP warranty as it been discontinuded too many years ago to be any good, but looks like Minelab is going to honor it according to Aarons post when he talk to Minelab, Got to give Minelab credit if they will do that.