Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excalibur VS Sov GT Detect Florida Beach

RONALD99

Will the sov gt out perform the Excalibur 1000 on the beach,or will they be identical.I own a Excalibur,and wanting to get another beach detector,so my brother can detect with me,I own a minelab SE,but do not want to chance on the beach getting wet,I also understand the sov is not a wet machine,thanks everyone. Ronald99

As long as you hunt in disc mode they should be nearly identical in preformance.
The GT will have the better balance compared to the Xcal with a stock rod. The GT will also have a longer run time on the battery pack.
You need rubber boos to protect the switches on the GT. Sand will eat them up. Any Sov should have boots installed on the switches no matter where you hunt.
HH

Like on my BountyHunter.......
open it up and knock out everything between nickels and dimes..
no tabs,screw caps, ih pennies, zink pennies, or large gold men's rings.

sure that works for the ring your testing, all of them are different and fall in differetn ranges , no notch or disc is the way to get em all ........ but hey to each his own I always say ....

small womans 10K may be the most common in your wifes jewelry box, but in the real world they come in all shapes and sizes , you really shouldnt believe everything you read .......but as I said to each his own , if you feel your doing the job properly then more power to ya ,:beers:

great good for you, are you familiar with target masking ?? what if a notched out tab is right over a good item ?? I believe in no notch or disc , and once again IF its working for you then kudos ,But I guarantee that if you notch out that tab there is a gold ring that will also be notched out , it may not be that one but running notch on the tabs will make some rings be notched out as well....not all rings are the same you may feel it wont but I assure you there is a gold ring that falls within that range and you will have it notched out