Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excalibur II Problems?

Bigfoot

I have been reading some threads about the Excal II. A few say there knobs are coming off. I would think Minelab would have fixed this problem. I have a Excal 1000 and have had no problems. I am thinking about buying a new Excal. II 1000 and give my old one to my son.
I would like to here from owners of the new Excal II, and tell us about problems they are having. Also how they like them over the old Excals.
Thanks

Can't help you out much, I have only had mine around a month, but no problems. If there was any problems it would have been user error. But Gulf Hunter helped me out on those.

So far I love it, I added a Anderson straight shaft and can now swing it all day and not even realize it.... Of course like the old ones why can't they put a battery charging light on it or at least something to say it's charged....

Picture004-1-1.jpg

Thanks Floridabill.
I took the plunge and ordered a new Excal II with 10" coil. My old Excal 1000 goes to my son. We will hit a beach somewhere this weekend.

I've got a new Excalibur II 10"coil; the first one unfortunately was so unstable I had to return to the dealer. Yesterday I tested the new one at the sea: in auto sens no problem wet or dry. When I turned the knob to 10 the threshold became unstable until I reached 7/8 dry and 6/7 in water. Did anyone experienced the same effect or I'm so unlucky to own a new excalibur (I've got an old excalibur twin 8" coil: it's so quiet everywhere I turn the knob)?

Set to Disc, Volume wide open, Discrimination on 1, Sensitivity on 12 noon(Auto sucks-you lose depth in Auto-been there done that), or pointing towards the coil, savvy? Set the Threshold to barely audible, then down a little lower, to just not aubible. If the threshold tone appears through the headphones, then you may still be up too high. This should smooth out the operation and YOU WILL signal ALL non-ferrous targets. You will no longer hear the iron nulls though. DIG ALL repeatable signals, no matter how nasty they seem to you. If you are a fast swinger, then you WILL have to change your style, as the Excal does not like fast swingers. Excal likes level, low and slow. Love her and she'll love you too. There you have it, the Excal recipe for success. Try it and see if you don't agree.