Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excalibur II on land?

BigErn

I'm very intrigued with this machine but only get to the beach twice a year if I am lucky...how does it perform on land?...I live in CO with VERY variable soil conditions hunting everything from parks, freshwater lakes to tailing piles. Thanks in advance for any info, I tried searching before posting but found no info...:cheers:

It's a waterproof Sov without the extra switches and knobs. Otherwise same detector. Go for it. Don't matter if you get rained on.

HH

I'm going to try mine on land this weekend. I'll let you know how it does.

Tried it don't like it. tool all 3 out one day, DFX,SE, The 800 Excal....Excal was the first to go back into the trunk..even if you know the tones/without a meter there are just too many targets on land. Good Luck...Obn

I Like the SE better, But it is because I used a Old Explorer for years. Each has it own strenghts, I thought I had cleaned out this friends Yard with the SE, When I got the DFX, I took it there and with in 10 minutes found 2 wheates.... Each is a Winner on land or dry sand. But when the chips are down..I pick up my SE

But here is a Quote..From Mr. Gold Master

If you want to increase your hunting depth at the beach buy an explorer! its deeper then the excal.

Looks Like someone has caught on ...NEW EXCALIBUR 3 !!!!!! With Photos

I dont know about that, OldBeachNut.

The Excalibur is a Sovereign electronically and with the 10" coil will get down there with the best of them.
I would not go so far as to say the Explorer detects deeper than a Sovereign with the 10" coil.
Perhaps in some soils the 23 frequency's of the Explorer might perform better than the 17 frequency's the Sovereign and Excalibur has but I would think that in most cases they should detect very close to each other in depth.

The E-Trac is something else ... it kicks Explorers butt in depth.
Properly set up and adjusted only a PI will detect metal deeper than an E-Trac ... IMHO ... :rolleyes: ...

Willee

Just Quoting Mr. GOLD MASTER on that..I am a Excal man. in the Water.....mine go as deep as 18 to 22 inchs in PP on the beachs I detect, {I do run a Doc's Signal Amp } I ran into a OldMan using a XS on the Beach and he told me his Explorer would go Deeper ,We should have done a test between the two, but I figured it was a waste of time, but now I am hearing it could be true, and if a ETRAC can go deeper like you said...that could be depths of 2 feet?

MR. GOLD MASTER's WATER PROOF XS

This guy is one step ahead of everyone. He is in CJC's books a couple times on Mod's he has done.

Obn