Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excalibur balancing question .

Gary D

Ive had the Excalibur 1000 nearly 6 months now ,with the Excalibur in one hand and the Reillys monster scoop in the other Ive got arms like Popeye ! Ive got the lightning rod extension & even tried the hip mount which was great but Im afraid Im going to damage the cable so Im back with the lightning rod ,Im thinking of extending the lightning rod further by adding pipe and mounting the controls 3 to 4 inches behind the arm cup , anybody tried this ?

But I went ahead and hip mounted mine, as well as some of the other surf pirates here in Virginia Beach. Cables are a concern, but you can minimize damage by creating your own strain relief on the cable that goes to your shaft/coil.

Here's a pic of what I did, easy as pie, and hip mounting lets you hunt for hours without getting arm fatigue!!
Good luck,
-Rich

I made my own straight shaft, and I think it's very close to perfect.

I haven't been able to let anyone else use it to see how well this feels. I mean, it's really balanced.

I used a fiberglass rod, and I also used most of the hardware from the original "S"shaft. The cuff is from Whites, and was modified to fit between the mounting holes of the control box.

The handle was brought from a bicycle shop. they are sold in pairs. Each one has a slight bend to them, which makes them a "right-hand" and a "left-hand". I had straightened mine out, so that there was no difference, and I alos bent the tip to make it a little more aggressive. Now I can have my hand opened, and let the handle "hang" on my hand similar to the "S" shaft.

the rear most portion of the haft has a little loop for fastening a dog leash so I can let it go while in the water, and machine will stay close to me without pulling off the head phones.

I also used the original locking compression nut from the minalab shaft. It wasn't that hard to take off. You will need a sharp knife and a small hammer to tap it open. It is held together with glue.

All of the holes were drilled by hand, and I wish I had a drill press, as that would have made it really perfect.

Hope you enjoyed my small write up, and I also hope I have given you some ideas.

laterz