Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excalibur 800 Died. Where do I send for repair?

buckrod

My Excalibur 800 started to chirp every 15 seconds. Then the threshold would continue to increase on it's own. I could at first adjust the threshold to control it but the it had a mind of its own. Then it just died. I only had the coil in the water when this happened. The control box didn't get wet. I have two batteries and tried the second battery thinking maybe dead or weak battery but wasn't that. This machine worked perfect last year. Only ever used in fresh water. Does anyone know where to send these in for repair?

Go to Minelab's official site and send them an e-mail asking them. Good possibility that they still repair your model.

Description sure sounds like low or end of battery charge. Even if you think the second battery was charged, I'd charge both packs and try again and if no change, then contact Minelab.

Link to the contact page (phone numbers, e-mail, addresses):
Minelab Contacts

Hummm sounds like a batter to me to, you could have a bad charger. Check it with a volt meter it should be putting out at least 14.3 v. not under load i think they put out 17.6 v. Once and awhile i use anti corrosive spray on a Qtip in each of the holes. Wiggle your cables... to include your headphones. Otherwise send Brian a note.

Brian Erne

Customer Care Coordinator

Minelab Americas | 1938A University Lane, Lisle, IL 60532 USA.
Customer Care: 1-877-767-6522| D: 1-630-401-8156 | F: 1-630-401-8186 | E: Brian.Erne@minelabamericas.com

Dew

it does sound like the classic -low battery..... like dew mentioned-make sure the 2 holes on the battery terminal are clean and corrosion free.also i had an issue a few years back where the pins on the male end on the cable that screws into the battery some how got pinched shut and werent making good contact... i just spread them apart slightly ......

Hello,

I just had my Sovereign repaired and I inquired about the Excalibur 800 and 1000.

I was told that both of the 800 and the 1000 are still being repaired.

Call Darren - he's the main repair guy at Minelab's facility in Illinois: 630-401-8162.

That is his direct number at the repair facility. Tell him your problem and if it needs to be sent in, he'll give you another number to call to get an "RMA number." The RMA number is the repair authorization code.

Hope this helps.

HH all,

TJ

I sure appreciate all of the info. I will test my charger first. Then test the batteries. Thanks again

Yes they still work on the 8 and 10, but any modes you did that may affect pressure testing will be returned to normal at your expense. An example would be external PP button.

Dew