Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EXCALIBUR 1000 JUST ARRIVED....HELP................

Roman44

I just bought my first water unit. And have done some homework that lead me to purchase the minelab ex 10000. I will be detecting in fresh water 90% of the time in Michigan, and a trip to FLA. in June.. I NEED SOME ADVICE...ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO USE THIS FINE MACHINE. I am use to my MXT with visual display. For a beginner what settings should I use, what are the different tones I should listen to.. Any othewr information would be great. If you do not want to post a long message on this forum, please email me at klmtp@netzero.com. Thank you, and with your help I may also post some finds on this forum.

Heres 2 videos i use, this should help you. HH

Set Thresh so its just barely audible
Sensitivty around 11 or 12 o clock position
Disc mode, and disc level at 1
Volume at where ever comfortable (3/4 for me)

Click on videos to start them.

I think Rob's advice is spot-on. The only thing that I would add is to practice on a number of known targets, OUTSIDE, in a clean area. See how the machine hits targets, practice pinpointing (preferably WITHOUT actualy GOING into Pinpoint mode...it's easy...practice) and then get some hunt time in with it and get the feel for the machine.

Also if you didn't see THIS post, download these sounds I recorded, crank up the volume, and listen to those...might help.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?21,405738,405738#msg-405738

Thank you for the great advice. I went out yesterday to a very trash filled lake with low expectations of finding anythink. Well it was my first time using a water detector so just wanted to get some practice. I found a screw cap, clad penny, a nickel, and surprizingly a mercury dime. That is not bad for first outing. I have spent hours with my MXT on land without finding silver. I will keep reading the posts for more general use of this fine machine. Boy it is heavey, I will have to work out my left arm to even out my muscles. I also have a shoulder strap that came with my excalibur, but do not know where it fastens on. Any idea, thanks. And the tones that werte posted are helpful. Thank you. Jeff Johnson in Jackson, Michigan.