Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excalibur 1000, If this machine is so good then why does everyone modify it??????

Got an 800 & 1000 and haven't modded wither. I like them just the way they are. Only change is a straight shaft on the 1000 for wading and use the 800 to dive with

The Excal is great IMHO. Some people like to modify things to suit their own needs. Some people prefer the straight shaft, others prefer the hip mount, or stock shaft. Why do people buy million dollar cars then make it faster, or put change the rims? Everyone likes to do things slightly differently. But everyone that has the Excal im sure will agree that even though they modified it, that it will still perform excellently w/o modifications. HH

Robert

to fit their build, if they have a hearing deficit, or if the targets are a lot deeper where they hunt they need a different size coil.

Pop out the cork and turn up the bottle? No, you would lovingly chill the wine and pour it into a nice crystal glass (this is an accessory by the way). You would savor the scent of this fine wine, before you sipped it. You then sip it and savor the taste, before swallowing. Now I don't drink anymore and that ain't the way I did it mind ya, but there you go.
Yeah, this is way out there, but the Excal is worth a little TLC on accessorizing, savoring and loving on, cuz she will sniff some gold, unless it gets REAL deep! The units come with Koss headphones now and they are just fine. Basically all you need is a straight shaft. I use a Lightening Rod and it will set you back about $100. You certainly could run the unit box stock, but the straight shaft just makes life more comfortable for you.

1: subordinate, subsidiary. 2: auxiliary, supplementary, savvy? I like big words mattockman. I got Webster's out to see what it meant! Like to expand my mind. It's kinda fun!
GH

I like my Excalibur 1000 just the way it is, but the headphones are a pain. They tend to fall apart at the ear piece, it just comes apart as I'm detecting. Heard it's happened to a few.

The Excal is the best water machine hands down. You just learn to live with the idiosyncrasies or change it to fit your needs. If you only dive, as the machine was designed for, the stock shaft is the answer, you wouldn't want a straight shaft. As far as the knobs..... for $6 you can replace them with Radio shacks and never have another problem. As far as the headphones...the new ones are pretty good.

Any problem I ever had with my Excals.....I was the problem. My headphones fell out of my kayak and I dragged them for a while. My battery problems were solved quick by buying a voltage meter. At least I know when its not charged. My knobs became tight because of my occasional lack of maintenance on long trips and the salt freezing them up...and then I applied too much pressure and stripped them.

Darwin had many theories about people like me, but one thing I learned is to accept some of the blame.

Now that I take better care....I've eliminated all poblems.

Ancillary is much easier to use in a conversation.
Big words function best when they replace several smaller words and provide more precise meaning at the same time. Probably why only Mary Poppins could get away with supercalifragilisticexpealidocious but she could fly with nothing but an umbrella which is also a pretty neat trick.:blowup:

Cheers,

BDA:cool:

I guess it's a mod when it is on but when I change it back it isn't So.....It is still a great machine