Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excaliber Problems?

jcham

Hello my name is Jamie and this is my first time here on this forum. I purchased an Excliber 1000 about three weeks ago and although I am finding some good things I fear I have some issues with the detector.

I am getting wavy noise when on Disc mode, high and low sounds and this seems to be constant. It is so out there that the only mode I can really detect in is when I am in Pinpoint.

My dealer suggested draining the battery and recharging. This has lessoned the noise but from one hour to the next who knows. The first time I took it out it was perfect, nice even threshold but since then I have spent some time going from disc to pinpoint. Anyway I'm bringing it in next week but could use some feedback, thanks...

Jamie

Make sure your battery is hot and try cutting back the sens a little.
If it still does it,,check it in another location,,,little dryer maybe just for kicks.If it still does it..send it in.

sounds like your sens is to high or your hunting near overhead or underground power lines.

Thanks Mark,
I'm starting to think that these loud sounds are part of the whole Excaliber Experience. I'll try what you sugested, I think its a sum total of the batery and interference. Thanks again..

Jamie

Will do thankyou I did have it out today and it was better. I'm going to keep draining the batery and recharging. It's gotten a bit better each time...

JAMIE