Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excal2 Shaft Recommendations

bazooka

I just got an Excal 2 and one of the biggest problems I'm having is that my arm easily slides out of the cuff when it gets wet because there is no strap. The balance feels fine though. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for me. Can I buy just a new cuff and replace it? If not, what shaft would you guys recommend. Price isn't an issue.

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/accessories/anderson_shafts.htm

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/minelab/minelab-excaliburs2.htm

Thanks for the links. I read on another thread to stay away from powder coated shafts as the salt will deteriorate them. Is this true? Also, I'm not too hot about the extended shaft...I like the normal profile. I think it would be awkward to have the control box sticking out behind me. Can you address my concerns?

Heres another one,alot of the people use these,i swing the long shaft for hours with no fatigue,dont go by the looks,and with the Excal you want it behind your elbow,for total balance http://cgi.ebay.com/Balanced-Straight-Rod-Minelab-Excalibur-H-D-Arm-Cuff_W0QQitemZ270387511919QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ef45a026f&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1205%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

I have 4 straight shafts that I use,dive shaft, a shorty for travel , A long and a Super long. Watch my first couple videos and you can see the shadow of the detector as it swings. There are no problems with the clearance, or awkwardsness. All make a big difference in the comfort of using the Excal over the stock shaft. I do use the shorter shaft on the 800 only. You being young, and strong the short might serve you better. Good Luck..HH ...Obn

Nice looking setup you have there stillhuntin!

Now! Ye be a pirate!! arrrrrrr
Bruce, that's funny..!!

What do you call normal profile? You mean all the photos posted a week ago or so? And all those recommendations from looters like myself.

I must be barking up the wrong tree my friend.
Maybe an over/under, is for you. In the mean time start looting! And pull the trigger:thumbup:

The only complaint I've heard about the longer style shafts is that the controls hit some people in the back when they do a very wide swing. I've never had this problem myself. It could be that it only happens with larger people.

Powder coating will eventually start to bubble and corrode in salt water. It's just a matter of time. Anodized is the way to go.

Any time you put anything in the ocean,it has to be cleaned as soon as you come out of the water,not the next day but right now,once that salt water dry's its to late,i have calvanized boat trailers ten years old that still look good,salt water has no mercy,its destroys everything over time,special sprays and greases for electrical connections are a must.With propper care your equipment will last.