Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EXCAL V. DUAL FIELD & trying to get is straight

scoopinloot

Hi all,

Having a very difficukt time deciding on a backup water machine. I have an Excal II and love it! However, I sometimes feel I am missing the small gold. Either way I completely understand VLF and Pulse induction and simply put dual field as a backup will make me DIG DIG and DIG again but the real question and issue is simply a question that is going through my mind every minute while I decide to go with another Excal or for a dual field. The question I ask of you fellow hunters is that if you have used or are still using the Excal AND.......you also have a Whites Dual field..........have your finds increased more by using the dual field. I dont expect to get much of an answer but then again I might be surprised. This is the real issue for me to figure out. So if you have used the excal or have knowledge of someone who has used an excal and are now using the Whites dual field:

1) have your finds increased more with the Whites:

2) and have you found more of the small gold with the Whites do to its deep seeking power;

3) Has anyone searched a same spot they have used the Excal in and then went in with the Dual field and picked up things the Excal did not?

I really do appreciate the responses and answers.

Gary

Hello Gary

I bought DF last month and a half and to answer your question, I been finding more gold rings then Excul 1000. I hunted the same beach for 2 last summers with excul 1000 and best I've got is around 6 gold rings each summer. Knowing that I am the only one who hunt this beach. Now I am still learning on different setting on the DF and I already have around 35 hunts in shallow salt water. I recovered 13 gold rings so far and little over one pound of silver rings and chains. Below is the link that I posted last week showing the goodies. So far I did not recover small deep gold. One of the gold rings was 2 to 3 scoops. This machine goes deep, I gave up on couple of targets. I am happy with the machine, it seems more sensitive to gold. It is one tone machine and I dig everything either with the DF or Excul. hope that helps

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?26,1510468

Are you hunting in the water? It is my opinion that a PI machine is for the water. The further you get from the water the more trash you encounter.

I had an Excalibur II 1000. Sold it and now I use the HH PI in the water. I use a Sovereign on land.

The Pi units are deeper than the Excalibur. But if you are hunting in rough surf you need to ask yourself if you can dig a deeper hole. This varies from location to location.

The Excalibur and Sovereigns are wonderful detectors, but there is an issue with finding small gold that is deeper. Basically I am talking about women's rings.

According to a person who knows his stuff about detectors and beach hunting the Excalibur and Sovereign are basically small gold dead. They have been adjusted to be stable in the wet sand and a side effect of this is the loss of ability to hit the small gold rings that have a little depth. He or someone he referenced said that there is a ratio of women's rings 8 to 1 compared to men's rings being worn on the beach. But the majority of finds are large men's rings. And the bling is not on a mans ring.

I know everyone will chime in now and say that their Excal found a diamond ring at 16 inches. I am talking in the water. I am talking averages. I still use the Sovereign myself on land. But in the water if you can manage a Pi you will find targets you can't hear with the Excalibur. Some might be trash. But one or two bling a season mean a successful season.

I look at it as tools for the job. Two different tools give you more flexibility.

I started with a PI PRO and then purchased a Excalibur and sold the Excalibur because it wasn't as deep as my PRO was and where I hunt depth matters... When the Dual Field came out I purchased it and did so well with it that I sold my PRO to a friend... the Excal has its place or should I say a VLF like iron infested spots in the wet sand where I hunt so I purchased a GT and am very happy with it and use it where I don't want to hunt with the DF... this past March I hunted a spot wet sand shallow water and started with the GT and found 1 gold ring but then brought the DF and found 14 more gold... I ran my GT over a few of the targets my DF hit on and the GT didn't make a peep either in dicrimination or all metal... the PI is the best in the water and clean wet sand... if you are after fresh drops it doesn't matter what you use, but I am not, I am after old gold...