Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excal Newbie......needs advice!!!

strobeone

I have just purchased a slightly used Excal II with the standard "S" shaft. Since I already have a GT, I know all about the weight. I need some advice on which is the preferred shaft and or rear shaft attachment. I don't want to keep buying different shafts, but would rather use the knowledge and advice of this forum. After all, who knows best, but you guys. Please send some advice. I'm heading to Melbourne, Florida on the 11th and want to have this all together by then. Thanks.

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/accessories/excalibur_balance_rod.htm

Guys, After reading about the problems with the Excal 800 and 1000 (slipping knobs with rusty shafts, broken wires, etc) has the Excal ll been improved on these things?
I just bought an Excal ll that hasn't even been delivered yet... but after reading about these problems, I wonder.. .am I jumping the gun to question my decision?
Thanks in advance,
Flyguy in Alabama

I 've had mine for a couple of months an no trouble nery impressed with it . I did get come silcone greese at the ace hardware .I've still learning about this machine it also hunts well on ground
ie parks an playgrounds loves nickels i wanting to buy another excal to have with me i also got the straight shaft rom kellyco it is balanced well no problems so far plus i'm 6'1.
Big cat daddy got his but not sure on his shaft .