Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excal making "random sounds???? Help Please

allison

Help, I have been using my Excal 1000 for a bit over a month, mostly in sand (beach), occasionally in water. I have been learning it and feeling more and more comfortable with it as time goes on. Today I went to an old home site, very overgrown and untended. As I searched I found the detector making "random" sounds, not repeatable, highs lows. blips and zips. Seemed like even when it was totally motionless. I found very little (only a couple of rifle cartridges). After an hour of this I got discouraged and gave up.
Does this sound familiar to any of you? The ground was dark, rich soil (an old farm plot) I have been using it, from the beginning with Discriminate at about 10:00, Sens between 1-3. Volume full. Threshold just audible at about 6:00.
Any suggestions??
Many thanks.
AL from Northern Michigan

Sounds like electrical interference.
Set the coil on the ground ........if it is not stable, then turn sensitivity down until it is. If still not stable, try a different place.

Have found places so bad that the only way to stop the interference on my Sov was to disconnect the coil.

HH

n/t

also real mineral rich soil can make it absoutley nutty, with seemingly no ryhme or reason to what you are hearing , when you found the cartridges did they ring in and sound proper ?? my guess is iron laced soil with a hign mineral content .....good luck

Thanks Adam, Yes the cartridges sounded just like they were "supposed to" but all the "junk" sounds are irritating.
AL