Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excal II signalling wildly in water.

digger880

I've been using my Excal II for a little over 2.5 years and suddenly, when I hunt in shallow water (up to 5') the machine goes nuts, beeping without stopping. When I return to shore, it operates properly in wet or dry sand, signalling only when there's a target. Does anyone know what my problem might be? I'd really appreciate any comments .
Rod McDonald - digger880

I hunt with a friend who's machine did exactly what yours is doing last week. His problem was his headphone connector into the box. It apparently had loosened up slightly and was causing what yours did. It worked on land but once the resistance of water got on his cables, it caused the machine to go crazy. Check all your connectors and make sure that they are all tight and completely sealed. Also, do you regularly remove and clean your coil cover. A lot of people don't do this as regularly as they should and stuff gets trapped in there (this one is unlikely, but I just thought I'd mention it). Lastly, what is your sensitivity set to? The water your hunting in might be your problem, maybe you have to lower your sens more to get stable in that water even though it might be fine on the beach.

So, check all your connections and let us know about sensitivity setting and maybe that will solve your problem. If not, post up again and tell us what its doing and maybe we can figure it out. Hope this helped.

HH -Marc

May be a leak on the coil. Had that happen once and it was a pain in the UKNOWWHAT. Had a had time figuring it out till I put only the coil in the bath tub.