Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excal II couple questions...

stpauli914

A couple quick questions about the Excal II.

I have heard it is good for the battery to do a complete discharge and recharge every once in a while. Can someone tell me how often and what method do you use to discharge safely?

In between usage is it best to leave the battery connected to the detector(plugged in), or disconnected?

Any remedy to keep the stock padded handgrip in place when it gets wet? Tired of it sliding down on me.

One more :). Just got a new larger replacement knob for my threshold. What is the safest way to remove the stock knob without hurting anything?

Thanks in advance!!

Aaron

The stock knob has a little yellow top that pops out. Then just loosen the nut and replace with your new knob.Save the old knob for when you turn the big knob too far it ruins the pot. You'll need to send it back with the factory knobs. These are made to slip and not break the pot! And it will break.The battery question I just keep track of my hrs on each battery. I run them down during the hunt. I then switch to the charged one! I would invest in a straight shaft the stock rods suck! I use the detector 4 times a week so the battery says connected. I don't think it matters.

Buried,

Thanks! What straight shaft does everyone recomend? Also, from what it sounds like you don't think it is a good idea to replace the stock knobs then? I have heard of draining the battery with a car lightbulb? Anything else that would draw it down without hurting the battery?

Thanks a bunch,
Aaron

just sit it in a room with the coil in the air, set threshold and let it run down to no noise. simple, dont make it any harder than it needs to be.
recharge as your manual states. Ive done this for a lot of years and it works great.
I use the stock minelab charger and it also works great.

i just got this shaft for my xcal2 love it great balance it's great i can swing all day with this one http://cgi.ebay.com/New-3-pc-Balanced-Straight-Shaft-Minelab-Excalibur-/280671541394?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415953d892
u can get a charger that will discharge and charge the battery for u ..me i just charge mine every 3 hunts 5-6 hours each