Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excal Gold & Silver

protech

Figured I would post a few things I have found with my excal(most of it anyway). This is from about the last 6 season's in MI(3-4 month's out of the year), some years didn't get out much either. However I have also been up and down the east coast from Lauderdale, to Delaware, including of course VA Beach!! As you can see from the pic I have the older excal. I would like to offer a few tips regarding that machine. First off that plastic arm rest is a piece of junk!!! I have broken 4 of them, by the way when you break one of those your day is over. You aren't able to stabilize the detector without that arm rest. Believe me I have tried!! So I fixed that issue with first an arm rest from a white's surf II, even broke that one, that took some time to break that one. Now I have my 1280X arm rest on the there, I have never had another problem. Also have replaced the coil due to cracking on the bottom of the coil. The headphones have been replaced because the factory ones were a major problem. Now I have the newer minelab headphones and no more erratic tones. That short middle fiberglass shaft also has broken twice, now I have a piece of aircraft aluminum in place, it will never break again. By the way these piece's breaking on this machine are not from excessive pressure, just a lot of use & sometimes the surf contributes. Anyway the excal has a lot of physical design faults, which I pointed out to Minelab!! Who know's maybe they listened somewhat. [attachment 32487 DSC00087.JPG]
Anyway, I will never give it up!!! It defin finds the GOLD!!! oh yeah and silver too..
[attachment 32488 DSC00106.JPG]
I hope this advice helps and to the new guys the gold is there, just be patient!!!
By the way I posted that silver chain about a yr or so ago. It weighs almost 5 1/2 oz's!!!
Good Luck to ALL!!! I have a follow up to that ring I just returned.
I have been admiring all the nice finds you guys have been making!!WTG!! Awesome Finds Guys & Gals!!

Don't show us so much at 1 time buddy, we'll have to get out the nitro pills. Give it to us a piece or 2 at a time, so we can chew on it a little. Nice stuff man! You've been a very busy pirate indeed! GH

Holly Mother of God! What a treasure chest and awesome finds. Man, what have I been missing. Just bought the Garret Seahunter Mark II, thinking of already upgrading to the Excal by December (Christmas Gift)

Of course, if you are, that's why I can hardly find anything nowadays.

Yup, I know I'm not alone. I've seen and talked to many of my competition. I wish I lived closer to one of the Great Lakes.