Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EXCAL DISCRIM AT 11...WHAT AM I MISSING???

[size=large]Ok, so tell me....other than some nickels and lots of trash (pulltabs, etc), what exactly am I missing with the Discrimination set to 11 on the Excalibur?? I've noticed I still pick up some nickels, all dimes and quarters. But I don't have to deal with all the crap of pulltabs.

Anyone?[/size]

Are you detecting on the beach?
The simple rules, only my opinon:
1-Put it on no discrimination, it will automatically take care of iron, as far as pull tabs, you may get rid of your chance to get a ring etc.
2-Sensitivity with line pointing at your coil
3-SLOWDOWN< even level sweep.
4-Dig everything (sand is easier to dig than dirt), the goodies will come.

[size=large]Hey Eric...sorry about not elaborating. Yes, I detect on the beach.

Your opinions will be duly noted and as always, are very appreciated. :thumbup:[/size]

n/t

To add to what was said already, AND to put it in even simpler terms, there isn't a detector made that can tell a gold ring from a pulltab or a fine gold ring like a ladies diamond ring (or a gold chain) from some foil. To disciminate out as you describe will ensure that you find little to no gold. Except maybe the larger gold rings. But the smaller gold rings with the least gold usually have the big fat diamond solitaire's in 'em.

My recommendation to you would be to run no disc and dig EVERYTHING until you have found a number of gold items. Then decide where you would like to set your discrimination. My guess is you will leave it all the way down and throw away the knob. :)

I run with everything low an very slow makes a to high of discrimination you miss some .I got this sat running low an silent threshold 1 sens 3 discrim

I am with Mike sensitivity at 1o`clock or maybe higher as long as you don't have falsing
and by my own experience and by the ones the teach me this hobby 20+ years...a go !
NO discrim just OOOOOOOO Nada, finito, zero, zip, acabado !