Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EXCAL 1000

strobeone

I have two Excal's and have just purchased a new Manticore. Therefore, I'm thinking of selling my EXCAL 1000 and keeping may EXCAL II. However, last year I sent the
entire EXCAL 1000 unit to Minelab to have it refurbished. They ended up reworking the entire unit from inside to replacing all cables and seals. The outside shell has numerous scratches
however, it is like a new detector. I think i used it twice after it was refurbished, but that was during one week, as I almost always use the EXCAL II and the EXCAL1000 was held
as a backup if needed.

Question, What would be a fair price to ask for this unit. It works perfectly and comes with a battery pod, charger tip and some other accessories. However, I just want
to know what would be a fair price for seller/buyer for the unit only? The accessories I can figure out for myself.

Can anybody guide me in the right direction??

Last edited:
I have two Excal's and have just purchased a new Manticore. Therefore, I'm thinking of selling my EXCAL 1000 and keeping may EXCAL II. However, last year I sent the
entire EXCAL 1000 unit to Minelab to have it refurbished. They ended up reworking the entire unit from inside to replacing all cables and seals. The outside shell has numerous scratches
however, it is like a new detector. I think i used it twice after it was refurbished, but that was during one week, as I almost always use the EXCAL II and the EXCAL1000 was held
as a backup if needed.

Question, What would be a fair price to ask for this unit. It works perfectly and comes with a battery pod, charger tip and some other accessories. However, I just want
to know what would be a fair price for seller/buyer for the unit only? The accessories I can figure out for myself.

Can anybody guide me in the right direction??
There’s one in the classified for $600 that just came from the repair center also. Don’t think it’s sold because the ad is still up.

I bought a good condition Excalibur 2 last year for $750. Just as a price reference. Go on eBay and check the sold prices.

Several factors, how much did you put into it with the refurbish? Maybe a picture of it would help also, condition outside and what accessories. Like shaft, knob guard, head phones, age of battery, condition of the cables. The way it looks is a big factor when buying anything used .