Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Exal II 800 today's Hunt...A/M Deep!

darksky

I've been reading about All Metal Vs Disc 1 here. I felt that at another location, my Disc 1 setting was getting me at least as deep as All Metal. In a different location today, no way.

I had very faint signals in AM that basically consisted of quick "disturbances" in the threshold, that were repeatable. My sensitivity was set at #5 on the Excal II 800, or an equivalent position angle of about 1:30 on some older Excals. Switching to Discriminate 1 to check a very faint AM signal such as these......, no signal at all. I used my new Reilly stainless long handle digger with grab handle and carefully dug not too much in excess to see how deep the faintest coins were. Wow. 8" coil, I was about 2 scoop lenghths deep before recovering some targets. 18" or so. You can see my pics on the coins. I mean, they are beat up clad and one quarter is so eaten away, it seems half the thickness of an ordinary quarter.

Alas, no gold once again!!!...grrrrrrrrrrrr....arggggggggggggg!!!!!!! I am getting grumpy and you know what happens when I get grumpy??? eh??????????

Did recover some other stuff:
Looks like a silver pendant, perhaps plated??? Not stamped. I think it may be plated...and my first ring...yea....copper with enamel exterior. I do see the beauty in All Metal searching. I discerned some targets as nulls in Disc after digging my first load of sand off of the All Metal signal at times, and then reburied and moved on to the next target. Also I could note ferrous in AM occassionaly. Fluttering or skipping in and out dash-type signals that checked out as ferrous in Disc made ALL Metal a mode that could reveal junk sometimes though I'd personally not depend on this as true Discrimination.

The surf was pounding pretty good even on shore in ankle deep water! and at times, the holes filled faster than I could dig. At one dig in the surf, I lost a very low tone. What can I say? Couldn't recover it. Always the low ones, huh? Strangest tone I had all day and it got away. Maybe it was light and junk. Can't see gold floating away that quickly. I feel it was a bottle cap.
So, certainly where I was recovering mostly coins, AM worked very well to find the very deepest targets and after uncovering them a bit and getting a read in Disc, I could determine if I should proceed. The Disc Iron Mask is great. I second guessed several times on nulls and the result was always some wire or nail. I included one null signal recovered as a nail that I kept, and included in the picture. Had a few visitors asking for advice. I think I'm creating competition but I have to tell them what I think is the best way to go: Excalibur ! After all, you guys told me. Pass it around.
I'll be bach.
darksky

nice finds...great going:clapping::minelab::detecting:
your on the right track......:thumbup:
hh
john

Darksky, With that depth you're getting I would think that you have got to be close to the gold! You should be able to get down to some gold that many detectors can't get to. Hang in there! Looking forward to that first golden report. HH!

Thanks. I look forward to giving that Golden Report! Went today for an hour or so to a very gravel laden beach and I had been there once before.

There, All Metal does not give a depth advantage over Disc 1. I checked this today again. Very different ground than the prior beach hunt. I kept finding copper. 2 small casings (22 cal??) and two large caliber bullet points. I'll have to post pics to see if anyone has an idea of why they would be at Rehoboth Beach. The large Cal are like 2 inch long points. Copper. I was fining alot of copper. Weird. Not even many clad coins today.
Darksky

Darksky it sounds like the beach i was on today trying to work a trough. Not to good for me or findings. You in Fl by chance

Nope. I'm in Maryland. went to Rehoboth Beach for an hour or so, a rather high income area well know to folks in the tri-state area.
Has not really panned out at this point but nothing has in respect to finding anything valuable on any of these beaches. I think I
am resigned to waiting out until summer gets here. It's very good practice though. The high copper content of the bullets as opposed
to modern pennies produced an exciting low tone today, but not to be gold. Hey: I know very well what I am waiting to hear and it will
happen sooner or later. Some area experts state that not finding gold in winter is par for the course here. I mean, I am using the machine
efficiently at the very least. Have to be over the yellow stuff to have a chance digg'n it. It would amaze me if I were out with an advanced
hunter who was pulling rings while I had a palm full of clad on these last hunts. Not impossible though. Still, I feel confident I am using the
machine correctly and I really have only great things to say about it's depth. Found a 2" long aluminum strip in a two foot deep hole I dug
today. Found an earing back in maybe 6" that produced a loud easy to hear signal today also. I think it is copper. I searched all around
for a disconnected earing, to no avail.
Darksky

:detecting:Sruth mate! Can't complain about that lot.
I haven't been hunting for the last month or so, just getting what you got there would be a catch.
I'm still waiting for the Excal battery from the states to arrive, then it's hammering time:beers::ausflag:
Brad...