Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ever seen a Bicycle like this?

Ron J

Its one of my collection. I have three of thsi style.[attachment 76744 bikesfog008.jpg] How about this?[attachment 76745 bikesfog011.jpg] or this??[attachment 76746 bikesfog013.jpg]

I like the black phantom hanging on the wall.I ride a lot through the warm months
but ride a modern bike with gear shift. I had a 1949 roadmaster replica for several
years but gave it to one of my sons about a year ago.
Do you get these beauties out and ride them

but to easy to hop on this [attachment 76758 Boston085.jpg] and hit the button, when not boating. Always think about loading one in the truck, to many nearby beach roads. Also wanted to ride the trails on Cape Cod,or along the Cape Cod Canal,but never did. Keep saying "next Summer" :D

The Dyno's were designed and manufactured by custom car guys out West. They started around 1995,and were sold to Schwinn around 1998. In 2000, Schwinn went belly up along with Dyno. Pacifico purchased the Scwhinn company to use the name on cheaper inexpensive bikes sold at chain stores. Prior to that there were franchised Schwinn bicycle shops that sold real Schwinns and Dyno's. I saw my first Dyno Cruiser in 1999. Had to have one or two? Ended up goiong on-line, locating Dealers in New England area, from Conn. to Maine. Also heard around that time how Schwinn was going out. In a 6 month span,i ended up with 10 different dyno's,and 4 Schwinn Cruisers,such as Ludy eyeballed on the wall. They look vintage,but were made in 2000 or 2001! Wasn't cheap either. Also have 3 Mercurys,a Torquer drag style with slick, and a Phat Kaddy deville cruiser. Wild paint on them. I had some vintage criusers,unrestored, but preferr these beautys.[attachment 76764 bikesfog004.jpg][attachment 76765 bikesfog010.jpg][attachment 76766 bikesfog013.jpg]

Cats in the cradle. We are getting less and less summers to work with. About 4 years ago, I went the other way. My battle cry became, if now, when...not getting any younger. So far its working but not as good as I would like it to work. Actually my wife is my holdup, she is not quite the gyspy that I am. She likes to go for 2 weeks and come home. I want to go until I'm sick of it....

Like that bike.....Will not be to long, 90 days or so and we can get back onboard them. I fired my up today just to dry it out from the cold dampnest. They get pretty hot thru and thru so thats good for them....Don't need them sweating inside.......

Geo

Sta-Bil Fuel stabilizer in my bikes, quads, and corvette every winter or even summer if the items is going to sit. This new gas they have out, oxygenated and here in the North East they add 10 percent ethanol for winter fuel leaves a white power in the carbs if it evaporates. It used to be varnish, but thats changed. I'm told that it will eat up the gaskets or rubber parts in the fuel pumps etc also.
I've never had the problem with the Sta-bil in it so I continue to use it. We race motocross and have a lot of bikes and quads and have never had a problem unless you leave it for a loooooooooong time....over a year.... I make sure I run it after I add it to the tank also so its inside the fuel lines. My road bike is fuel injected so I make sure it passes thru all of that. I start them once a month and run till everything is nice and hot just to dry it out, charge the battery and get the moisture out of the oils. I was reading an article the other day in one of the mags and they were claiming this new type of fuel will loose 1 point in octane a month or 1 point everytime you open a pressurized fuel tank. Not sure if thats true but something to consider if in storage, why not fill with high test. I run high test in the road bike and vette anyhow so no problem there.

I've often wondered if the oil as a additive keeps the fuel together. Reason I wonder is my 2 stroke bikes fuel is good come theend of winter or long storage with no use and the same with my chain saws and weed wackers.....

George-CT

Hi does winter storage and starting up vehicles avoid most problems,I store a 98 mustang with only 26 k. But was wondering If low km may be damaging parts.I do use fuel stabilizers.Just wondering so far has been ok. cheers oj

I snooped at your pic below as well and am pretty impressed with your collection. Great lookin' bikes, all of them Ron ! An inquisitive sort of guy you undoubtedly are. I haven't gotten to the other posts yet Ron but was wondering if you'd post a few pics of the earlier versions of any bikes that you might have as well, regardless of condition. It's not everyday we get to look at vintage creations like that.......I happen to think it's pretty neat stuff !! :thumbup:

I bet the neighborhood kids would love to be turned loose in your house with all those bikes. :rofl: Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

If you start them up in the winter, don't just run for 10 minutes as they will just sweat. If I start them I make every effort to drove them on the road for about 1 hour to heat up oil in tranny, engine and exhaust. Otherwise, they just create moisture and it causes more problems. Batterys will go unless you have a trickle charger on it or unhook one battery lead. Most of the newer cars have clocks and stuff running or alarms that will take them down over the course of winter. My vette I keep on trickle charge and if we get a warm day, or even cold day, but the roads are snow free with no water puddles I will take it out for a cruise to heat it up. I've never had a problem with any of them. The problems I've seen at our bike club is guys just starting stuff for a few minutes. Moisture. Not sure were your located but up here in the Northeast we go from above freezing to pretty cold. Here if you see moisture on the windows of your cars/trucks, you can be sure its also on the inside of your fuel tanks. To stop most of it we fill them to the top so there is little exposed metal for them to form condensation. Really raises heck with diesels.... Toping them off is a big help in how much moisture collects in them if with water seperator filters. Everyone seems to have there pet ways to winterize stuff, those are mine that seem to work well here. A heated garage is the best bet but who can afford that with the price of fuel oil. Jay Leno, but not us common folk...LOL........ There a lot of Mustangs around here also. Nice cars. My buddy has a bunch of the older ones and really enjoys them. We hit a lot of car shows locally. He winterizes the same way I do and has had no problems.... Having said this, I just remembered that on the Vettes with the Opti spark set up, a stupid setup at that, it will sweat inside and the drain hole in it don't work very well. You start it and the water gets spread all over and it will skip and fart until it drys out. I found if I keep a light bulb near it come spring or before I start it it cures that. They have a cure for it now with a vacum line, so thats my summer project this year.....

George-CT

.... re corvettes it's the only car I owned for 10 years and sold for more then original price,of course this usually is true with the older cars.I never drove any of the newer ones.Maybe one day they stay in your blood once you ever owned one,I know Royal posted his old vette at times.Thanks for storage tips they made very good points. oj bc can.