Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ever Found a Pig?

Dug

Found this pig on a boulevard across the street from a county fairgrounds site. It gave a signal like a quarter and was about 5 inches deep.

Nope, but I love finding stuff like that.

Can't say I have...but I did find a cow one time:biggrin:
Mine was a little figure like your pig...and it too rang in like a quarter. Mine was about 8" deep.
I love finding the odd stuff like that.

Neat find.....HH Joe

Interesting find! Stuff like that gives variety when coinshooting. I found one very similar a few years ago but it had alot of holes all over the back of the pig. I realized that mine was a toothpick holder!!
Bruce in Ct

You mean except for myself? :crylol:
J/K

Nice goin'.

Hi SilverFix,

Thanks for the reply and question. It seems to be made of copper to me and the signal was very conductive when I found it. Haven't been able to find much more info so far. Any help is appreciated. I'll post more as my search continues.

Thanks again.

Doug

I have found out that this pig is a 40 inch tape measure, when you pull out the tape the tail turns, and to rewind the tape you turn the tail. Only the last 12 inches are still present and that's a bit worn. I've been unable to find a photo of it, but did find a description which seems to fit at this site

http://www.kovels.com/priceguide/kovels_sewing/1995/tape_measure/1511570.html

This item sold (? condition) for $85 back in 1995.

I'll continue to search. Thanks everyone for your comments and views.

Doug

I'm amazed the tail is still intact since that would have been a real easy part to break off. Must be made of Aluminum or Lead. Did you find the 2 Dimes pictured also on that boulevard??? Continued Success, Good Luck and HH to you.:detecting: