Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Evening Fred. I hope the bike ride went well... I checked

George-CT

with all these folks, and they all said RIDE. Me thinks we made the right choice. I figured I'd get a few shots of the little joint down the street from my place abut 5 miles. This has been a biker place for at least the last 30 years. The who just sold it was more fun, as he was a biker also. The new owner just saw a good weekend target audience. Weekdays its very few bikes, but as you can see, weekends, its just right....

I took a few shots in the first batch more for what I think your taste might be. The rest show a few nice rides and all four sides of the buildings and how many come in at a clip. This goes on from about 10:00 AM until dusk. They all leave in packs for other biker bar around these parts. When they do everyone has to put on a show. Being out in the boonies a little, no one complains. @ of the bars are good friends of mine who belong to the dirt bike club also and they put out a good feed to get the biker crowd there. All have bands or DJ's. 2 of the joints are on lakes so they need to be more civilized there. More people, kids and cops. No resident officers in my town.

I was trying to get to another spot for more pictures but I was kidnapped and forced to run with them to Rhode Island. Nice ride, lots of noise, mostly harleys. Fun time for sure..... I'll get out tomorrow and see what else I can find for pictures. These should hold you for tonight.

Hope your day went as well as mine did. That grass like my weed wacking here will not be that much longer tomorrow to make a difference...

The horse painting was for you.

Geo

That is a nice horse picture painted on that gas tank. Also, that white three wheel bike looks good...do you know the folks that own it? It sure looks comfortable. Kelley (Texas) :)

It could be because San Antonio has some motorcycle police and their bikes are painted white. That red bike is good looking. Kelley (Texas) :)

It appears that he is loaded, well equipped...radios and everything. That metal flake orange colored custom bike sure catches your eye. It looks good with the brown colored seat. Thanks for posting these pictures...lots of bikes at one location. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I have not done any group riding yet, but suspect that if I did that I would see lots of bikes like in your pictures. You are lucky that you can visit several states within a few hours of riding...it would take two days to ride across Texas from one end to the other. How far does Ron live from you? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

The place is called the mushroom addition. Rumour has it that Jay Leno comes up on a semi regular basis.

There is sure some nice hardware there George.

Fair winds

Mikie

I had stopped at a rest stop near New Braunfels, Texas and as I was drinking a cup of coffee, one of those scooters showed up. They were loaded down like they were taking a long trip or something. This scooter was modern looking, swept back look to it, and had lots of room. They are becoming quite common down here, especially in San Antonio. A friend of mine, Dippy Dan, bought one for his sister and has been hounding me to go riding with her. She lives over near Hondo, Texas which is about fifty miles away...flat, dry country with lots of brush and coyotes. She is a pest, talks non stop, but she can handle a horse as good as any man. Royal, years ago, she rode with Dippy Dan and me to Ft. Worth to pick up some calves and she just about drove us crazy with her constant chatter, never hushed up the entire trip...never again as far as I am concerned. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

once you ride one, you either like it or hate it right off the bat. I don't find them as smooth as one might think. # wheels spaced differently so harder to miss chuck holes in the road, bumps, junk etc. You have 3 separate tracks of wheels. They are nice bikes.
A lot of the older husband and wife team riders have them in around here. very stable platform, just no fun in the corners unless your on dirt. We used to race them at the club on dirt.... Even the guy on the side car got a heck of a work out. We put grab rails all over them and he was the balance guy..... Fun stuff.......

Geo

and also about 35 minutes to get into lower Mass. New York is 1 and a half hours from here with no traffic.... VT and NH are 2 hours to the border.....

Geo

the closer you get to the coastline, the more traffic you run into. Connecticut is like the bedroom of Boston and New York City....

Geo

some nice pictures on the bikes. More skill than I have for sure...... The couple that own the white trike are in their late 60's. both had their own bikes also but this is that step up or down, how ever you look at it, to that wheel chair none of us ever want. He was havinga balance problem at times and a trick knee/leg so they thought it best to eliminate that chance of getting hurt. They had this one special made. They do alot of club rides and we usually see them at most of the events. I could see me in one down the road. Fact I was trying to purchase one off of ebay this past winter. It was a real nice Goldwing, robin blue, tons of chrome with the rear trike setup. I followed it and spoke with the guy a few times via email, and messed up and was out when it finally sold. The price was right and it was in the right place to go get it....Florida...... Jane and I had planned on bringing it back just about time for Daytona bike week and then just running it to my daughters in SC and flying back down once the weather broke..... Winter time there are some good buys out there if one has the spare money....

Geo

Mother of Pearl white. Looks nice and believe it or not are easy to keep clean. Silver seems to be a big deal lately up this way also.
I like them all..... Like I say, if its got wheels and a engine, count me in..... Geo

with no suspension on the back so they just run them cafe to cafe. We have a chopper meet coming up down there. I'll make it a point to get there with the camera. Some really beautiful bikes in configurations that are mind boggling. I would like one but my bike would not like it. I have to baby it as it is, one of those would put me out of operation for the summer. Geo

[attachment 93288 front.jpg]

[attachment 93290 faquier.jpg]