Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Eve loop Lock and weight found about three weeks ago

broadestpower

I found a eye loop about 2.5 inches in diameter connected to a 3 inch lag screw. I was thinking vintage
I found a lock in the same area and that dates to 1927. I'll try and download the the picture so you can get the
picture literally. Thanks for looks, this was in a electrolysis bath for 24 hours. The picture was pre elecrolysis.
My question is do you think this was a slave shackle tie down or boat related anchor. This was found about 30ft
off of a pond. The lead weight appears to be home made as well.

I think the lag bolt was likely just put in a tree or? and something was tethered there. No likely slave related.

Thanks for the peeks and the comments! On The Watzit Forum some believed this loop was either for tethering a horse or hanging tools.