Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

eTrac & Exp SE

stevecoleccs

How does the Sovereign do in "in the field" detecting for coins - especially around old home sites...? Anyone have any REAL experience with both or all three machines? Thanks in advance!

I use all 3 of them and like them all, but my Sovereign GT is the one I know better and do better too as far as coins to trash ratio.The E-Trac I haven't got to use too much because the ground froze shortly after getting it, but it has been impressing me when I have used it as it seems to run very smooth and seem to pick out coins in with trash real good. I just know the Sovereign well and have more confidence in it, but been using one since 1996. It will null more on iron as the Sovereigns really hate iron and I do like the tones holding longer on the Sovereign so when the threshold changes pitch I know I went over a different target. The Explorers seem to be too quick of a tone and back to the normal threshold and for me hard to hear a weak and deep target as it is so fast. The Pitch hold helps on the SE and the E-Trac, but not as well as the Sovereigns do. The Sovereign is easier to use as you only have a few knobs to adjust while the Explorers and the E-Trac you can set more for the area you are detecting. I do feel the E-Trac does better in depth and trash, but also has a longer learning curve too. The E-Trac has been impressing me more then the Explorers do, but they too are great detectors once you get to know them.

Thanks Rick - "something" tells me I will like the SOV better - seems you would focus more on hunting & less on "do I have this thing set right" ... Should I be concerned with the Recovery speed vs the eTrac or Safari?