Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac and finding gold

wild horse joe

How does the Etrac do for nugget hunting. Has anyone tried this with success? I own a MXT and GMT and was thinking to sell both and get the Etrac. It's prospecting frequency response is half way between these two machines. My guess would be a little better than the MXT and a little less than the GMT?
The only way I can afford the Etrac is to sell my two machines.
I was also wondering about it's beach hunting ability's. I use the MXT with so-so success on my west coast beaches. I have to turn down the gain. Does the Etrac do a lot better? I've heard a few negative reports on it's beach hunting. Thanks for any help making this hard decision.
Happy Trails Joe :detecting:

I would look into it further and not take this as the final word, but my understanding is that the etrac is not designed for nugget hunting, but more for coin and relic and jewellry hunting in fields, parks, old home sites, cellar holes, and I heard it does well on the beach too.:thumbup: If you are specifically hunting gold nuggets, then i don't think e-trac is the right tool for the job.