Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Erin Go Bragh

MONKOO8

Hey Everyone,
It's been a good long while, last year about this time in fact since my last post. Then had gotten out a few times found a decent little piece of gold and pretty much was good for the year...interest, weather and whateverwise.
Well this year rolled around and lately the weather has been nice and the spring tectin' fever has gotten a hold of me again...
About a month back Easter weekend some friends invited me a few hours away to the Tx beach.
Mangaged to squeeze less than a couple hours in to detect and found the pile you see here...

Using the GTX 2500 near the high tide line, (jewelry mode and salt elim, dinged like a dime+) the little silver St. Michael medallion popped.
What made this so cool was the fact that one of the friends that invited me just happens to have this "Erin Go Bragh" motto largely tattooed over his heart so it kind of connected the dots for a good time.
The little doubloon I knew better than to get excited about even though the first thing I saw was a gold glimmer as it belled as a quarter and not a nice flat beep.
Can't wait to get back to the beach again!
Been on a few more expeditions since then, finally got the camera up and will post them shortly.
Thanks for looking and HH

"Ready To Fight" is the interpretation. Slogan of the 23rd Illinois Volunteer Infantry "Mulligan's Irish Brigade from Chicago during the Civil War. Reenacted with that group for eight years.