Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Eric Foster or others familiar with PI technology

christian_99

Eric, Reviewed some of your earlier posts concerning the machine you are working on and am wondering when the machine will be released. I am a relic hunter and have literally tried every machine on the American market and have had moderate success. But for every site that I go to I am positive that there are relics just out of the range of the machines that I am using. Time and time again, in many areas now gone- those places were considered "hunted out" and if one went to one of these sites they may or may not dig a good relic out. The moment the site comes under construction, many sometimes hundreds of relics come out of the same areas.

Back to my question, when do you intend to release your machine? or do you have any knowledge of any machines coming out in the near future as based upon PI technology that will have efficient "iron" discrimination as to where the user does not have to use the "reverse" iron technique to discriminate out the abundance of iron nails at some sites?

I have reviewed some reports on the web, which indicate that there are some products (PI) machines which will be released sometime in 2007 that will have enhanced iron discrimination and will be "deep" machines that will be able to pick out targets both in highly mineralized conditions as well as areas littered with square nails. Is this hype or true based upon your knowledge. I know Minelab has some very good PI machines, however they lack adequate discrimination for the conditions that I have described. If you could assist me with this question I would appreciate it. Thank you!

Dave Emery's Pulse Devil Pi will hopefully be coming out soon and it claims to have true Fe/non Fe discrimination and also variable discrimination just like a VLF machine and ground balancing.
He is a member of my forum so if you are a member you can ask him directly about it. I hope to test it in Australia very soon.
Doug
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ProspectinginOz/

The great P.I. problem, which I hope Dave has solved, is to attain the nail rejection you seek.

Large iron has been eliminated as a major problem by either the use of discriminating coils with built in magnetometers as with the new Detech SSP models that were launched this month on the U.K. market (certain I've seen these in the past under a different manufactures name at a far lower price) or with the method used on the Bulgarian ? made Stinger P.I. discriminator.
These will provide more depth than you need but don't solve the near surface nail problem. I think this is whats added to the Titanium Adonis delay in France.

Brian

Brian,

Appreciate your post- when might we see some of these reportedly better machines making their way across the pond into the states? I have reviewed some info on some brands exclusive in Europe and the sites that I hunt would welcome them with open arms. Do you know if there are any plans in the works to introduce them to the states?

Thanks!

C.

Doug,

Thanks for posting the contents of my message to that forum as the type of hunting and where I hunt is full of mineralized soil with hot rocks and iron in abundance. I am looking for the low conductive "cuff" buttons that were found on many of the period uniforms. As mentioned, the site is hunted out, however; in the past few years using a Tesoro V and C, I have done well- but KNOW beyond doubt that there are deeper relics that exceed the current depth standards of most VLF machines. Appreciate your thoughts on this...as I know the technology has to be out there, and I do not mind digging a two foot hole to get to whatever the ground will reveal. :)