Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox waterproof headphones

I have only used the factory ones so I am really not qualified other than to say they worked well. I think there is at least one other out there, care to chime in anyone?
HH Jeff

That depends.... mostly on your hearing and expectations for your needs. I like Tony’s as well, but patriots, GGA, and even KellyCo sells good phones. Piezos ....most all use them so a lot is how they are sealed.

u2robert said:
Why is it that nobody mentioned the Minelab Waterproof Headphones?
My reference was to the yellow Minelab water proof, they worked great. I only hunt fresh water not that it would make any difference
'
HH Jeff

It does make a difference. The roar of the surf and wind can drown out the sound of faint signals from some of these headphone models. The amount of volume produced is totally inadequate in some models.

Enlighten us on which models please? I did hear that the volume on the Minelab EQ headphones was low? I went with the LS Pelso underwater headphones with the long cable I hear they had good volume and the long cable was a + for me the Explorer/E-trac has the headphone jack at the back of the handle that use to drive me nuts because when you set the detector down the headphone cable was always to short.

goodmore said:
It does make a difference. The roar of the surf and wind can drown out the sound of faint signals from some of these headphone models. The amount of volume produced is totally inadequate in some models.

I'm using the LS Pelso underwater headphones in all my hunting, even land so rain is not a problem. Good sound quality.
Just bought a pair of waterproof ear buds off the E site they won't let me say, supposed to be louder than headphones with long cords. Due in today so I haven't tried them yet.

Hi
I tried to order the patriots waterproof headphones for the equinox at http://metaldetecting.com but they don't send it overseas .very disappointed
i live in the Netherlands Europe and the patriots are not available here.
they look good and luckily they are not yellow in color.
thanks
HH
Antonio

Got the LS Pelso headphones work good nice long cord here is how I setup 1" black foam tube with the headphone cord run inside the foam tube outside of shaft. Also using an X-Terra armcuff which is a little sturdier than the Equinox cuff.

Been using Tony's for diving and very happy with them so far.
They seemed twice as loud as my Grey Ghosts

GKMan said:
Now that's interesting because nine seem to lack volume, that's GK!!
HH Jeff

The machine has tone volume and pitch volume.
Remember - Changing those from preset will change the way you hear your favorite targets.

I have Tony’s and they work well, but I have hearing aids in both ears so I increased the pitch and volume to assist me.

Tony N.J.

I have used Grey Ghosts, stock Minelabs on the Excal and now these. Grey Ghosts were more comfortable but these are more sturdier and have great sound and volumn..

laplander said:
GKMan said:
Now that's interesting because nine seem to lack volume, that's GK!!
HH Jeff
Hi Jeff
I am comparing them to my waterproof CTX Grey Ghosts which I have an adapter for the Equinox. Perhaps the other Grey Ghosts WP models are louder.