Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox was humming today.

Dan(NM)

Still hunting the 1850's fort site that we started hunting around the first of the year and I was able to score a few keepers. I started the morning using the CTX, but within 30 minutes, headed to the car to put her away. There's a time and place for the 3030, but, this place isn't it. Wandered around for a little while trying to get in tune, so I decided to hunt in between a couple of trees in an area we haven't put much pressure on. I stayed in that one area for about 7 hours and dug an unusual amount of epaulette debris today. I managed to score my first R button along with a Dragoon and a plain Eagle cuff. As you can see, it was like catching fish in a barrel, targets were plentiful, so, we'll be back to give this spot a good working over. Towards the end of the day I dug a toasted copper coin that was banging 28-30, which after a little cleaning at home, it looks to be a mid 1800's Mexican 1/4 reale. This makes the fourth one to come out of here so far.

My settings on the 800 were:

Park 1

11" coil

Sens 22

Recovery 4

Iron bias 0

2-Tone

Tone break -9 to +8

Auto GB

Another nice haul Dan, the R is on my list. How deep are the majority of the targets, I wonder if the 6 inch would excel there. Just thinking :)
HH Jeff

laplander said:
Another nice haul Dan, the R is on my list. How deep are the majority of the targets, I wonder if the 6 inch would excel there. Just thinking :)
HH Jeff

Thank you Jeff.

Targets range from 1-2" to 12-18" (aluminum cans and some of the epaulette pieces" The area is 10-15 acres, I tried using the 6" coil, you just can't cover enough real estate with that coil :) The targets are normally spread out over a large area with metal debris everywhere.

Dan --

RELLY nice! Love the "R" button, and it's too bad the "epaulette debris" wasn't more "intact."

It always strikes me as to how extremely similar your digs are, at that site, as compared to what we'd dig when we had access to another 1850s fort site here in Oklahoma. Not that it should be surprising, since the dates on your fort are almost exactly the same as ours, but it's interesting how you unearth exactly the same targets that we did...

Steve

You did well. love the buttons