Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox upgrade

I don't know this for sure, but I don't look for Minelab to offer anymore software updates for the Equinox 600/800 series detectors.

I only say this because they released the new Equinox 700/900 series detectors to take the place of the Equinox 600/800 series detectors.

I don't know this for sure, but I don't look for Minelab to offer anymore software updates for the Equinox 600/800 series detectors.

I only say this because they released the new Equinox 700/900 series detectors to take the place of the Equinox 600/800 series detectors.
I wish I would have waited and bought the 700, It's got a lot better scale than the 600, 0-99 vs 0-50. Its still a good machine but it takes some getting use to since all my other machines are on a 0-99.

Personally I never had any problems with the scale on the 800 coming from the XTerra 50 and Sovereign GT.
With that said, I also have an XTP and had no trouble learning that new scale either.. matter of preference I guess.
It seems some folks like the new scale and others prefer the older scale.

Is Minelab planning on any upgrades for the Equinox 600 other than the 3.0 ?
I was listening to the Beyond Sight and Sound podcast the other night and they mentioned that Minelab is going to discontinue the Equinox 600 next. Next month there will be a huge blowout sale on them. You most likely wont be seeing anymore program updates to the 600 or the 800 moving forward. I would much rather use my 800 over the 900 on any day out metal detecting. Now the Manticore is a whole different story. Everyone that I know that has one loves them and finds lots of great finds right out of the box. The only thing that I don't like is the fact that none of the tones and numbers ring up the same as they did with the 600 or 800. This is the same fact with the 700 and 900.

I was listening to the Beyond Sight and Sound podcast the other night and they mentioned that Minelab is going to discontinue the Equinox 600 next. Next month there will be a huge blowout sale on them. You most likely wont be seeing anymore program updates to the 600 or the 800 moving forward. I would much rather use my 800 over the 900 on any day out metal detecting. Now the Manticore is a whole different story. Everyone that I know that has one loves them and finds lots of great finds right out of the box. The only thing that I don't like is the fact that none of the tones and numbers ring up the same as they did with the 600 or 800. This is the same fact with the 700 and 900.
The Manticore and 700 and 900 have a totally different TID scale which is a lot better than the compressed TID of the 600-800
Mark

Depends on audio if you get a distinctive hit investigate. A number isn't that big of a deal.i don't park hunt so has no meaning to me. I use the 800 for beach seems OK. Not a huge leap or bounds but works. It still nulls like the rest of machines. The ergonomics sux . If out for a long hunt your hand will hurt even with a counterbalance . Everyone likes some thing different. Decent machine.