Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox Sunray NX-1 Probe

pmh

Is there any plans to continue making the Sunray NX-1 probe for the Equinox? I heard a few were made and sold, but Ive never seen one.

1721857925497.png

Is there any plans to continue making the Sunray NX-1 probe for the Equinox? I heard a few were made and sold, but Ive never seen one.
I also missed out on obtaining the Sunray NX-1.
Really wanted one.
For me, I find that a wired inline probe that only needs a switch mounted on the upper search stem, to be flicked over and it can be heard through the detector(via headphones is hard to beat.
Given that Sunray is basically no more, vale Joey D'Marco, I contacted Coiltek to see if they could possibly fill that void and make an a wired inline probe, like the X1 and the NX1 for the Equinox series(600/800) and while they were at it , how about one for CTX3030 and Manticore that may also suit the new Equinox 700/900.
Seems little interest by anyone.

David Di

This issue has been discussed in detail. Ralph {sunray owner} and I discussed the concept many years ago, with proprietary chipped coils and multi frequency the concept was a no go.

This issue has been discussed in detail. Ralph {sunray owner} and I discussed the concept many years ago, with proprietary chipped coils and multi frequency the concept was a no go.
I thought that Demarco was the one who actually made a probe after he bought Sunray from Ralph? Or were none ever produced? Form information I had see/read, it sounded like the NX-1 was being made shortly before Joe passed away.

I also missed out on obtaining the Sunray NX-1.
Really wanted one.
For me, I find that a wired inline probe that only needs a switch mounted on the upper search stem, to be flicked over and it can be heard through the detector(via headphones is hard to beat.
Given that Sunray is basically no more, vale Joey D'Marco, I contacted Coiltek to see if they could possibly fill that void and make an a wired inline probe, like the X1 and the NX1 for the Equinox series(600/800) and while they were at it , how about one for CTX3030 and Manticore that may also suit the new Equinox 700/900.
Seems little interest by anyone.

David Di

Laplander,
only because Coiltek are indeed making such coils with such proprietary chipped coils and multi frequency for the CTX3030 the Equinox, with or with out the permission of Minelab have I even mentioned such. Regardless of what Ralph of Sunray has ever said in the past, there's no longer anytbody else around at the moment into selling us such.
I don't have a problem with DeMarco Detecting selling us such but at the moment they can't be got from anyone making them and seems like we won't be seeing them ever again.
Have you heard of or know of other?

David Di

I’ve tried those Sunray probes on fishers,whites and FBS, more of a novelty item than anything imo. I’m definitely faster retrieving the target with my Garrett carrot
Most of the held probes available , like the Garrett carrot do a great job with metal target recovery. Friend of mine uses his Garrett Apex, has the wirelss, in line version of the carrot and it's such a good idea.
I to have, the XP MI-6 through my XP Deus2 that is also wireless in line.
I use the XP MI-4 for the CTX3030, Equinox 800 and my Manticore. Brilliant for me BUT wish I could take full advantage of such tech. with having an inline detecting probe for anyone of those detectors.
With Explorer's ,Etrac through the use of the Sunray X-1 for me, there's an advantage that suits because of the multitone ability through the use of the wired in line probe.
No one produced in a wireless handheld detecing probe with the multitone.

There are others, like Charles (Upstate NY) that have gone to the extent of figuring out how to make their own to take adavantage of multitone in a hand held metal detecting probe :

Davide Di Prospero