Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox on the beach

blazer35

Just returned from a short vacation on the west coast of Florida and found a few coins and toys, but I was very pleased with the Equinx 800 , it was as quiet, as it should be, no chatter, worked perfect, I used both Beach1 and Beach 2 factory programs, total of four hours, both were good in the water and out, didn't notice any black sand like on the east coast, just thought I would FYI.

I personally have never used a better detector in the wet salt sand than the Equinox. Stability, depth, sensitivity to small gold.

In the water I prefer BBS like the Excal.

In the dry sand there are quite a few detectors better in my opinion.

Me to no problems in the salt sand and I have a friend who puts in a ton of time on the beach and you should see his ring finds

I don’t have the same results and I live on the Gulf. No way I can run beach 1 in the water. I agree goodmore in the water by time you make some adjustments to sensitivity and RS ....you could be loosing any depth gain you had over an Xcal in PP. in the wet sand the Nox shines.

goodmore said:
I personally have never used a better detector in the wet salt sand than the Equinox. Stability, depth, sensitivity to small gold.

In the water I prefer BBS like the Excal.

In the dry sand there are quite a few detectors better in my opinion.

Thats impressive to hear. I have yet to see a detector that beats the depth/ID of my Etrac on the wet sand here in NJ.

Gonna find out this summer how the equinox does.

Today beach 1 saltwater beach never been hit it was a 2 mile hike to it but worth it!
Oldest coin 1883 V nickel in great shape for a beach find.
Beach 1 sensitivity 20-21 recovery 6-7 iron 1 I like my nox on the beach!