Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox is still sniffing out that silver...

fwcrawford

I went back to a school that I have been finding some silver at and got two more silver coins today.
Also got 4 wheats, a foreign coin, and decent count of clad.
This site has given me 105 quarters including 5 silver quarters so far!!
Thanks for looking!
coins.jpg

You have that equinox finely tuned to your ears Felix!! That old school yard is still coughing up silver!! Maybe I should take a ride on over and “check” things out for you 🤭

My respect to you fwcrawford..! This old school yard has been Bountiful over the past few months. It has produced ALLOT of coins for your detecting. But I do have a question.... Was this old school yard in an area that was once an affluent neighborhood..? Poor kids can't lose that much money.

My respect to you fwcrawford..! This old school yard has been Bountiful over the past few months. It has produced ALLOT of coins for your detecting. But I do have a question.... Was this old school yard in an area that was once an affluent neighborhood..? Poor kids can't lose that much money.
Actually, when I say old school, I'm referring to a school that dates back to when silver coins were still being minted and used.
This school was built about 1958, and is not near a large town.. that is what sparked my interest in it.. kind of off the grid.
May not have had many detectors on it.. I think I was right in my assumption after what I have found there so far.
I'm sure it was detected some years ago and once silver finds started dwindling, these folks simply moved on to other sites.
The clad coins probably took many years to accumulate after that.
I have found this to be the case at many schools down my way.
Last year a buddy and I started detecting at a school in town, and it too had plenty of clad along with a few silver coins that were missed years ago.
As the old saying goes.. no site is every hunted out!!
Just have to work a little harder to still make good finds.

Felix, you have a great detecting site at this school. Hopefully it is a big area and it will give you many more days of detecting. In years past, if I found a spot like that, I would save it for future hunts. But, in today's world you have to hit a spot hard before the competition beats you to the goodies.

Felix, you have a great detecting site at this school. Hopefully it is a big area and it will give you many more days of detecting. In years past, if I found a spot like that, I would save it for future hunts. But, in today's world you have to hit a spot hard before the competition beats you to the goodies.
I agree... I need to keep hitting this school.
I do have a couple other backup sites that I go to now and then.