Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox control box install

u2robert

I have removed the control box to install on a fiber carbon shaft for water hunting. The control box is removed by 4 hex screws. on reinstalling the control box there is no gasket which surprised me and what is the torque requirement? I just hand snugged the hex screws. Is the upper control box unit waterproof in itself with out the lower handle part?

Thanks

Great question. I have removed and installed both my 600 and 800 control boxes on upgraded shafts. I hand tightened too. I did not see any gaskets for the upper and lower pieces of the control box, around the hex head screws or around the area that touches the shaft.

Jeff

The "waterproof sealing" of the control box does not occur at the connection point of the handle to the shaft. In fact, having a bit of water inside the handle is not entirely unheard of. The "sealing" of the control head, as I understand it, is farther up inside the handle, not at the connection point to the shaft.

Yes there is a battery gasket. Water gets in as does a bit of sand thru the hole for that nipple. I just ensured mine was tight enough to NOT move. There is an after market gasket to can get for that area.....BUT Keith at ML repair doesn’t recommend it.