Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox Beach 1 and Beach 2 Factory Presets.

opa81

When I look at the Minelab Equinox Users Manual and see the Beach1 and Beach 2 Factory Presest they are exactly the same.

But still Minelab keeps saying that it is better to use Beach 2 for hunting the surf.

What is going on here .....

Andre
www.diggers.world

Read page 25 in the manual very carefully. There are some differences that are preset at the factory.

Jeff

Read page 25 in the manual very carefully. There are some differences that are preset at the factory.

Jeff
Agreed Jeff but even if you set them up exactly the same you will see a difference in the way the machine performs due to the way the different modes are programmed.
HH Jeff

I guess I could have said it better. I was not referring to factory presets that a user can adjust. The internal settings that are described on the "Beach Modes" page which is page 25 in the latest online manual explain why Beach 1 and Beach 2 are very different modes and those differences cannot be changed by the user. That page also shows how different the Beach modes are from the other modes and why the Equinox is such a good beach hunter not just because it is simultaneous multi frequency but because it has the capability of doing all sorts of internal automatic adjustments to deal with salt and black sand that were not programmed into the other search modes by Minelab.

Jeff