Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

equinox 800

jhamner

I feel like a complete idiot, but i just received my new Equinox 800 yesterday,charged everything up, and TRIED to set it up for relic hunting. I got as far as Field 2, but when I tried to follow instructions for noise cancelling, I ran into problems. Please forgive my stupidity, and someone please walk me through the rest of the set up process. Thanks so much!

I was like you from the start. I finally found a few how to videos on the u tube network that are a good start.

Setup? Go out and try it with some test targets. I know you heard that before but this machine is not complicated.

Take a copy of the noise cancel into the field and go step by step. Its easy but we make it hard.

Calabash digger on Youtube and here loves relics and his stuff is terrific. You will enjoy his stuff. I can not replicate that - I don't do go pro.

Best of luck and just relax and enjoy

Tony NJ

I set down with the manual i printed off...... went thru each mode and decided on some settings for volume, tones, IB ect..... which have obviously now been tweaked. BUT..... its more about learning HOW TO make the adjustments which is best done in the field...... and you can do that just as simply using the factory suggested settings. Its really a KISS kind of machine...... but there is a learning process to what its telling your. Remember conditions are different and this machine seems to like to be programed to YOUR conditions.

BigTony said:
I was like you from the start. I finally found a few how to videos on the u tube network that are a good start.

Setup? Go out and try it with some test targets. I know you heard that before but this machine is not complicated.

Take a copy of the noise cancel into the field and go step by step. Its easy but we make it hard.

Calabash digger on Youtube and here loves relics and his stuff is terrific. You will enjoy his stuff. I can not replicate that - I don't do go pro.

Best of luck and just relax and enjoy

Tony NJ

Tony, I've been practicing what you said and I think it's all starting to come togeter--thanks so much!

My first disaster was putting on the screen protector, bubbles everywhere, any one else have this issue.

I put dozens of these on my phone with no issues.