Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 800 Tricks to determine the size of the object.

sluiceman

Just wondering if any of you E800 vets have a way to help determine the size of the found object. Also, any problems with the depth readings?

Depth meter is something ive just never relied on...... much like the external speaker....and PP button as a beach hunter. The machine doesnt seem to have much modulation. I was watching one of the guys digging a whole to china in the water the other day. He said targets keep moving i just cant seem to get them. I checked his hole and explained to him...... its a DEEP can. Every time the dug when he was re-scanned the hole the machine was responding clearer to another part of that can and it made it appear it was moving. Do you happen to be using 5 tones? Its possible you are using the wrong tone.... some tones .... like 25 on a quarter can make it sound really small compared to say 23. Raising the coil can help as well. I dont know how long you have been using the machine...... more time helps too.

There is no gain adjustment on the Equinox which might help with modulation so it is what it is. The Equinox hits (audio) deep targets hard, with some practice you can tell the width of a target. Dewcon's advice is spot on, but beware as some of my best finds have been beer can signals (civil war belt plates, large silver coins) in a yard and some not very deep.
Jeff

If you’re a coin hunter it’s fairly easy with any machine. If you’re a “everything” hunter most bets are off...with any machine. COINHUNTING......https://youtu.be/CFyaQgbA-TA