Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 800 Question

Bodine53

I'm thinking about buying the equinox 800 does have everything out of the box to look for like civil war relics if not what would I need to start looking for relics. Any help would be appreciated

Well out of the box you get the detector, charging cables, headphones! Quickstart guide! You will need to buy your own shovel and Pin pointer for in the hole finds.... If you want a hard copy of the manual you will have to print it off.

If you’re asking...”Is this machine capable of finding relics right out of the box?”....I would have to say YES.

Field 1 using default settings and toggling the horseshoe button to check for iron worked for me. I did add a little background threshold tone for iron nulling. This was in moderately mineralized soil. The multi frequencies hit hard on lead and brass with good clean audio and tight numbers (4 to 8 for smaller cal. lead and brass 10 to 20 for larger lead and brass) down to 8". Iron targets will be pretty jumpy from -9 up into the 20s. Really thick iron, increase the recovery speed and lower the iron volume if it bothers you. It will hit tiny stuff like the smallest bird shot or aluminum foil bits down to 6" and it will hit larger cal. stuff past 12".

good luck,

Jeff

Out of the box and go, A good shovel and a good seradded edge hand scoop. Also a good quality hand pin-pointer is a must. (Good quality)

Personally, I don't think you can use the 800 right out of the box for finding relics, at least not correctly. Instructions say 3 button pushes and you're off and running...BS. The 800 is a complex machine and if you use it right out of the box I would guess you'd be at 10% efficiency...much like driving a new M850i BMW at 10 mph...when you really learn to drive it it will go 150 mph. I was overwhelmed when first trying out my 800 and this was after reading Sabisch's book 2x and reading the instruction manual 3-4 times. My usual machine is a CTX 3030, which I personally find easier to understand and use. I'd say it took me 2-3 weeks to become familiar with the 800 to the point of understanding some of what it was trying to tell me (here is a silver dime, here a silver quarter) in a field full of iron litter and junk. Right out of the box? Good luck.