Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

eq 600 or exterra 705

jimmy clark

Ive been using the 705 for about two years.Just wondering about the difference in depth and recovery speed.of the eq 600 next to the 705.also the eq being waterproof may be the game changer for I water hunt a lot.

Go for it.

But, I showed where the X-Terra has superior iron discrimination and far better bottle cap ID and recognition.

Regarding waterproof - it's always comforting to know that you can leave a detector down on wet surfaces while targets are recovered.
Always found that pretty amazing when using 'Excalibur', and progressed onto 'CTX'
Prior to those machines it was always hard work to search & recover and NOT get a detector wet.

Hi,
I have owned both of these detectors. I still own the Nox. It would be very hard to do a depth comparison since they don't operate at the same frequencies and they don't have the same coil sizes. I will say that in moderate to mineralized soil like mine the Nox has far superior numerical and audio target ID. So, a buried 8" nickel will read correctly on the Nox but it will usually read higher on the 705. Target separation and recovery speed is again far superior on the Nox. The only detector I have used that has better target separation and faster recovery speed is the XP Deus/ORX. Being able to press a button and change frequencies on the Nox is really nice compared to changing coils. I wish the Nox had a concentric coil option however. I much prefer the display and controls on the Nox over the 705.

So generally, I found the X-Terra 705 to be an outstanding, very refined and a bit tame detector except in prospecting mode. The Nox is a much higher gain detector and can easily get on the noisy side if pushed. It does have a bottle crown cap issue if you are using a lot of iron discrimination. It is by far my favorite detector however. The Multi IQ technology is amazing and Minelab will be doing more online software updates in the future. I have used a lot of VLF detectors in the past few years and nothing is a capable and versatile as the Nox 600 and 800.

Jeff