Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

enloop batteries in the etrac

pulltab68

Does anyone use the rechargeable enloop lithium ion batteries in there etrac? Is it safe to use these? I believe I read in the manual not to use lithium ions.....just want to be sure before I use them. I bought a set at Costco today.

I use them in my backup battery sled when my rechargeable pack runs out on a hunt. The Eneloops work great for me and I have not seen any negative effects from them. I use them all over the house and think they are the best rechargeable battery I have used. Good luck

They're terrific and last about twice the time as the factory rechargeable , if not more..

Thanks for the response sooper dave. I was going to use them as back ups also. At least till I can buy one of the r and b ml 2900 batteries I've read about.

I use the RNB pack above this thread and that last well over 30 hours and 2 hours max charging time.

The best thing about the enloop and other low self discharge NiMH batteries is that they don't lose their charge nearly as quick as traditional NiMH batteries. They don't have as high of current ratings as the other cells, but after a couple of days in the pack the higher current cells will self discharge to a lower capacity anyways. At $2 bucks a pop and hundreds if not thousands of recharge cycles they are an economical way to go.

Chris